Yesterday Brent and I headed to Home Depot to get flowers and herbs for our patio. Last year we had a basil plant that grew to about 3 feet tall and provided us with delicious basil all summer and fall! So we knew that we were definitely going to get another one of those. After looking around at all the flowers, herbs, and plants that Home Depot had, we knew what we were going to buy. As far as herbs go, we bought another basil plant and a rosemary plant.
Sweet basil
Rosemary
We also bought impatiens and dahlias. We had impatiens last year but the dahlias are new for us this year. My dad also bought us a begonia at the Lawn and Garden show a few weeks ago.
Our impatiens
I love planting flowers or potting in this case! I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I can't wait till Brent and I have a large yard so that we can plant a vegetable garden. I love the taste of freshly picked vegetables. Especially cucumbers, tomatoes, and corn. Luckily we DO get to eat these vegetables in the summer because my parents actually have a garden with all of those vegetables plus others like green beans and squash. I just love spring and summer. Summer is my most favorite season hands down! Flowers, gardens, pool time, bright sunshine...what's not to love?!! Today is too beautiful of a day to not go for a run so I am about to go on a nice one. Brent actually just went running with his friends, Frank. Now to the ICE CREAM that I had mentioned in my blog post title. Just in case you didn't know, today is the 119th anniversary of the first documented Ice Cream Sunday!! Probably means that I am going to make one and enjoy every single bite. You should probably do the same :)






Rachel,
ReplyDeleteIn the past month you have mentioned eating Mac & Cheese, Chik-fil-a Chicken mini's, and now Ice Cream...if I didn't know better, I would think you are pregnant - these don't sound like super-healthy Rachel foods (haha).
Glad you are feeding my grandchild well :)