Brent and I went to the doctor yesterday for an ultrasound. Yesterday I was 11 weeks and 3 days along. I got sent to the Maternal Fetal Group for a more in depth ultrasound. It was 30 -40 minutes long and we got to see so many different views of the baby! Let's back up for one minute...I got sent here because in my very first ultrasound at 9 weeks it seemed to look like my uterus was split in half( heart shaped ) so my regular doctor, Dr. Kyzer, wanted to get me in for a more thourough ultrasound to check it out. Comes to find out( after me stressing my brains out! ) that my uterus is perfectly normal and absolutely nothing is wrong with it! After talking to Dr. MayorLynn at the Maternal group, we let out this huge sigh of relief and she could tell that we were thrilled to hear the good news. She told us that at 9 weeks, the uterus is still so very small that suspicious things can appear but even 2 weeks later, at 11 weeks, things inside grow so much so quickly that it's easier to get a look at everything! ALL IS GOOD :) and our ultrasound tech even gave us a disk with more baby pics so here are some of the pics...you can see that everything is moving right along perfectly!
The baby is pretty big! I think it was around this point in the ultrasound when the tech was saying " stay still baby, I need to measure your heart rate!" The baby was doing tumbling gymnastics moves as she called it! haha. The heart rate was between 167-170. She measured it a few times. Right where it's suppose to be :)
We don't have a picture of this( I mean she couldn't print us off 100 pictures!...but if for some reason she had done that, I would have taken them all...gladly! ) but at one point she said oh look( as if our eyes weren't glued to the screen the ENTIRE time )the baby has stretched it's little legs out! They were long! I loved her soothing yet energetic voice throughout the ultrasound.
Baby measured 6cm. If you're wondering, an average 11 week fetus measures around 4.1cm! When we met and talked with Dr. MayorLynn after the ultrasound, she said well baby looks great! It is actually looking like what a 12 week/2 day old fetus looks like/measures at! Like I have mentioned before, our baby is growing like a weed. I like to think that I have a pretty good environment for it to thrive in! :)
Clearly Labeled...Head and Body
~Brent and Rachel~



No comments:
Post a Comment