Thursday, April 21, 2011

** Favorites ** and an Easter Memory

After finding out that I was pregnant, I immediately read up on what foods that I love eating that I was going to have to ditch for 9 months( an eternity to give up some of these things! ).  We will get to the "I am not going to break down and eat this but I really want to" foods that I have had to part ways with for a bit of time in a moment. Here are some things that I guess are my favorites for now!

For Snackage:
Triscuits! I will eat any flavor but I really love the Rosemary and Olive Oil :)


I can definitely go through a box of these in a week.
I also like to snack on apples and yogurt. I have loaded up on yogurt lately b/c Kroger has had some really good deals in the dairy dept in the past few weeks. Love Yoplait the best! Favortie flavor? Key Lime Pie! My roommate in college, Beth, got me hooked on that flavor. I wonder is she remembers that?!
Odds-n-Ends

Can't go a week without a Cherry Limeade! It's only $1( if you go to their "happy hour" between 2pm and 4pm ). I really don't drink soda( yes, caffeine free )much. Sometimes I need a Cherry Limeade though and not to mention...I love Sonic ice!!


I drink a lot of water! At least 3-4 of these at work and then some more when I get home. I usually down one before going to bed( which then makes me stumble to the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning)! My doctor is hard core about hydration...I remember her telling me in our first meeting to drink lots and lots and lots of water trhoughout the day. I think she would be proud :)


Yes, I had some extra time on my hands! haha. I try to stay away from candy and I'm not a candy junkie anyways except at the movies. But HERSHEY'S nuggets are the best! My bosses wife brought 4 huge bags to the office the other day. I love the extra creamy milk chocolate w/toffee and almonds...to-die-for! I eat a couple pieces during the week. I was going to try to stay away from chocolate completely. After reading how much you can have while pregnant, I quickly changed my mind. Other than those HERSHEY'S candies, I have chocolate milk occasionally!

Now for those foods that I would never ever give up unless a mandatory time called for it...I would consider this to be one of those times. We all knew this one was coming...


Oh Starbucks I know you have missed me...your cash register has missed my lovely plastic card too! People told me at first just to get decaf. I'm sorry but it's just not the same therefore you have not seen me in 2 months. I crave my usual VENTI iced vanilla latte every single day. I will be running to get one of these as soon as I can. It was a little piece of joy that filled my life everyday. I'm serious! I looked forward to going to Starbucks everyday! If you don't believe me ask anyone that knows me just how much I love "the bucks"!

Secondly and right behind my venti iced drinks...
SUSHI!!!!


Spicy Tuna Rolls! Love these...miss these! I could eat sushi oh.. 3 or 4 times a week! Vegetable sushi rolls just dont cut it....See there are just no equal replacements for these "no no" yummy foods and drinks. I know, the baby is going to be worth all of this and I am excited about that! It's just hard to give up foods that I love so much :)


Philly Roll :) Yea, baby doesn't want that raw fish but I do :) For baby's sake, I eat veggie sushi though!

Oh - My -Word!!! People, it is almost summer time! That means a lot of things but one major thing = HOT DOGS :( I was talking to Libby Barker earlier about her trip to Chicago this weekend( how super jealous am I?!! ) and told her about Wrigley hot dogs. If you have never gotten a hot dog at a Cubs game, you just don't know what you are missing. Unfortunatley, I do know what I am missing...Chicago or not, I love hot dogs especially Hebrew National.


Here she is...the Wrigley Dog( minus the relish for me ). My mouth is watering! Oh the poppy seed bun, grilled onions, mustard...it's delicious.


Enjoying a Wrigley dog a few years ago!

Last but definitely not least, I can't wait to have a massive club sandwich from Dan McGuinness! Oh the club is so tasty. 3 layers of texas toast, white and yellow cheddar, turkey, ham, lettuce, tomato and a side of honey mustard! It has honestly been hard to give these things up! Whenever Brent says "I'm going to get a turkey sandwich to eat" I reply with "oh yea me too that sounds great only to catch myself with oh wait, I can't"..tear.

It's all going to be ok :)

On a side note, I have an Easter story that I will share. This is when I was oh I would say 5 or 6. My parents took me to Opryland for an Easter egg hunt one year. Oh yea, we had a membership to Opryland! I remember being super excited and just new it was going to be awesome! So I'm out there in this big field trying to figure out where to go when I am seeing all these giants( older kids )around me...they didn't split the hunt up into age groups! They would slowly regret this! So I had my running energy ready to go, I look to my left and see an enormous child...prob a 10 or 11 years old! The same to the right. Don't get me wrong there were other 5 year olds out there. This was one huge Easter egg hunt. And we're off, I'm grabbing eggs right and left. There was more pastel on the ground then the color of green grass. This hunt went on for what felt like hours...my basket was full and I was tired so I decided to stop but my heart started to race fast b/c...I couldn't see my mom or my dad! I'm sure you can remember that panic feeling when you were little. I had gotten turned around among all the hundreds of kids and just couldn't find them. I started to cry and a worker saw me. I told her I couldn't find my parents and she hoisted me up onto a huge barrell( eyes full of tears ) in hopes that I would see them or they would see me. They saw me! I was rescued! I feared I would be lost for forever! Oh the mind of a 5 year old. I DID get lots and lots of eggs but the feeling of being lost was not making me want to go back and do that there ever again. My parents thought it was crazy to not split the children up by ages beforehand and that turned out to be right! We stuck to church Easter egg hunts with people that I knew from then on! :)


    
~ Rachel~










1 comment:

  1. You're right..caffeine free is not the same!

    I toasted my sandwiches and ate them all the time! I think as long as the meat is heated thoroughly, you are good. They also say deli meat is better, but I never did that.

    I loooooved chocolate milk when I was pregnant and I don't really like milk!

    ReplyDelete