The weekends have just got to s.l.o.w. down!! I think I say this every Monday(ugh!). This past weekend was kind of relaxing but Brent and I had a few things on the agenda! Saturday I slept late (10:30am ) and it felt good! I feel like I just don't get enough sleep now a days. Whether it's 2:30am bathroom runs every morning( oh thanks Baby Easley!), cats falling alseep on my legs during the night and me waking up b/c I can't move my legs, or just tossing and turning, I just don't feel well rested during the week. I LOVE getting to sleep in on Saturday morning and you better believe I will continue to sleep this long until the end of October arrives!! Brent and I are different in the sleeping field...he can't sleep past 8:00am or 8:30am on Saturdays, I can solidly sleep a good 2 to 3 hours longer! He never takes naps...I took a 2 hour nap on Sunday afternoon and could have kept sleeping if we didn't have to go somewhere. I have actually ALWAYS been like this! I like sleep. I obviously can't wait till October 28th arrives but I also hate the thought of no good sleep for DAYS and DAYS. I just don't know how I am going to do it..haha. You heard me when I said I can sleep till 10:30am or 11am on Saturdays, right? And that I like to take naps? Just making sure that was clear :) I suppose new moms just go into some sort or zombie like phase where they are awake but not really.
I'm sure this will be my slogan for months! I know I will love every minute of it though!
Saturday evening Brent and I went to a wedding. It was at West End Church of Christ and the reception was at 111 Broadway. I didn't take any pictures! I can't believe it but I think it was because I was SO COLD that I was focused on eating warm food at the reception to warm myself up! 111 Broadway is on Broadway and Second Ave in downtown Nashville. It's just a wide open rooftop space on top of Big River Grille. It's perfect for a wedding reception.
See it's there on the very top of the building. There was a very large outdoor space but unfortunately it was about 40 degrees on Saturday night and it wouldn't have been pleasent to hang out out there.
This is the part of the inside of the venue. This is not their actual reception but it was set up just like this minus the chinese lanterns...they had a delicious assortment of foods. Cheese spreads, huge veggie & fruit trays, chicken tenders, wraps, a baked potato bar, bar-b-que and salads.
We wish Austin and Amanda a happy life together! And Brent and I also wish that we were where they are right now...Aruba!!! Don't we all wish we were there?!!
Sunday was spent out in Lebanon with Brent's family. We went to church and then headed over to the Kegley house for a birthday lunch for April. The whole crew was there and it was a great time spent with family! It seems like April and Josh are moving right along with their wedding planning! While I was there, Becky gave me a heart rate monitor to use during the 1/2 marathon that she borrowed from a friend. I can't wait to get home in a little bit and test it out on a run!
Dinner for tonight:
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken w/pineapple
Grilled zucchini marinated in teryaki sauce
&
Homemade Pasta Salad
~Brent and Rachel ~



I am SO with you on the sleep thing. I wish God had made our bodies so we could store sleep and cash it in when we needed extra energy. I was thinking the other day...its been since I was about 32 weeks pregnant with Cohen that I have slept past 8am. It will be such a fun ride for you guys, even if you are running on 2 hours of sleep per night for several weeks. You somehow manage:) Can't wait to hear the sex of baby Easley. Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete