Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rowen, you are 1 year old!!

(remember to hop over to yesterday's post and keep entering for a chance to win an adorable birthday party hat from Dainty Couture! )

Yesterday was Rowen's 1st birthday! The whole day while playing, watching him eat(feeding  himself), reading to him, etc...I just couldn't believe it had already been a year since he entered the world. He has been such a joy to his daddy and me. He is the best baby. We were/are truly blessed. From the moment we brought him home from the hospital, he has given us no trouble what so ever! He rarely ever cried as a tiny baby, he slept well( slept through the night @ 2 months ), and was just super content whatever we were doing. He never even had his days and nights mixed up! I would like to say I knew what I was doing and made that happen but once again, we were truly blessed :) I did however follow the eat, play, sleep routine and I will say that I think that got us off to a great start and he got into a routine very early. 


Rowen, you are such a happy baby! Your daddy and I love you very very much and can't even imagine our life without you. You are such a cutie too! You definitely have both me and your daddy in you. People said you looked like your daddy when you were smaller and you did. But I think you look like me more now that you are older. I can't wait to watch you continue to grow and thrive. 


These were our first few days in the hospital. You were very kind to me and made my labor and delivery very easy. I even told my doctor right after you were born that it was so easy...all thanks to the epidural :) You loved to be held tight and snuggle in the hospital( well, when you came home too! ). Even though we were walking zombies those first few weeks, we loved every minute of it. We had you and you were all ours and we couldn't be more thankful to God for you. 


And here you are...12 months later at 1 year old! Look how big you are. We don't go for your 12 month check up till next week but I am going to go ahead and say that you have to be at least 26 or 27 pounds! Believe me, I can sure feel it if I carry you around for even just a few minutes. You are getting heavy sweet thing! But I love having you in my arms. I don't want that day to come when you are "too big" and won't want to be cuddled and held by me. Let's not even go there, ok?! Sniff. Sniff. Rowen, you love to laugh and make funny faces. I just love sitting back and watching you sometimes. You love books, puzzles, and toys that light up and play music/makes noises. You jibber jabber all day long...all day long! We talk back and forth all the time as well but it will be so nice when I know what you are telling me! You have said a few words numerous times...outside( ouh-sigh), dog( dawh), star( sar ), & what's that( wah-thah). All while pointing around at everything. 

You  are a really good eater Rowen. You love just about everything we feed you. You are such a big boy now and can feed yourself finger foods like shredded cheese, well cooked veggies like carrots, small pieces of fruit, and puffs. Yesterday you had a special birthday breakfast...pancakes!!


...with a complimentary "R"! You liked them. But who doesn't like pancakes?! This will not be an every morning kind of breakfast. It was your birthday though so you deserved something special! 

We went to the park yesterday and you were in the swing for almost 30 minutes! You almost fell asleep at one point! It must have been very relaxing. There were lots of other children there and a few dogs. You just laughed and laughed at the dogs. You love dogs! I think we have found your new favorite hang out spot :)


When we got home from the park, daddy and I gave you your birthday presents from us. I had to put your hat on for the pictures b/c I love it and this was the last of the "1st birthday" pictures. Well, that's not true...your 12 month professional pics are coming up. Are you going to hate the camera soon? Sorry! I take a lot of pictures of you. I can't help it really. You're just too cute! 

 You got a little piano. I love how you use your little pointer fingers to hit each key. We gave you a star stacker that lights up and plays music. And you got a Fisher Price purple and green snail that plays music and can roll across the room. That is your favorite thing to play with right now! 


Happy Birthday again sweet boy. You truly our our whole world and we love you so much! 





No comments:

Post a Comment