Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Oven S'mores

Friday night we gathered in Lebanon with people from Brent's high school graduating class and hung out at a bonfire. There were of course all the fixings for s'mores! I love s'mores and so does Brent. We don't eat them often b/c well...we don't have access to a backyard fire. We craved them the entire next day and decided to make them here at home. He suggested making them in the microwave. Have you ever had microwave s'mores? They're disgusting. We tried that awhile ago...never again! So, he found a little tutorial online about making them in the oven. That's the way to go if there's not a fire available. 


You just place the graham cracker and marshmallow on a baking sheet and pop it into the oven for 5 minutes or until the marshmallow gets a little golden on top. 


After they're golden brown, you pull them out and place a piece of chocolate on top of the marshmallow and place the baking sheet back in the over for about 60 seconds. And ta-da! Oven s'mores! They were actually really good. Ooey and gooey and just as messy as the bonfire ones!

Oh yea! Perfect.


2 comments:

  1. I told you I was going to do some stalking :) So glad I found these! Yours look even more delicious than mine! So glad you checked out our blog--I'm now your newest follower! Hope you'll keep stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete