Thursday, August 23, 2012

Success!



It's true...I do! I love them. I look forward to them for weeks in advance. My love for these sales started last Fall when I was pregnant with Rowen. My mom and I hit up a few and I instantly became addicted. If you have children and you don't shop at consignment sales, you are really missing out. There are a ton of consignment sales in Nashville. Some are good & some not so good. You just have to know which ones to hit up. Today I went to Otter Creek's sale and it is one of the best in the city! I will definitely go to this sale every year...well at least the next 3-4 years :) The volunteers got to shop before anyone else this morning at 10am. There were about 200 volunteers that would be showing up this morning so I knew that I better show up a bit early to get a good spot in line. I arrived a whole hour early and there were already about 50 ladies in line! Yea! So I hopped in line, met the nice lady in front of me, and we chatted for the next hour. I would occasionally look at the line behind us and it kept growing and growing and growing! I was so glad that I got there when I did b/c I had a really good spot in line. I would say there were about 100-120 people behind me :0
I bee lined straight for the 12 month clothes and I was by myself in that aisle for a good 7-8 minutes. I had my eye on about 8 items that I had seen when I worked the sorting shift earlier in the week and I ended up finding all of them on the very last rack I looked through. I got super excited!! I could have e-a-s-i-l-y spent $300-$400...not just on clothes. There is SO SO much stuff at this sale it is ridiculous. Oh, but I didn't spend close to that and wasn't going to anyways :) Enough of the talking and on to the pictures of the cuteness! 

These were 2 of my favorite long sleeve tees that I found. The one on the left is of course perfect for football time which is happening...now! And the one on the right is a Baby Boden and I just love that brand. They have really cute t-shirts. There were 5 or 6 others but I just settled for one. 

 I am a HUGE lover of smocked and appliqued jon jons and longalls. So I really was ecstatic when I found these!! Blue checked smocked snowman longall on the left, navy lightweight corduroy longall with an airplane applique in the middle, and on the right, one of my favorite finds...a light brown corduroy longall with smocked ducks and light blue buttons :)

 Some more favorites! I'll be honest all the items that I bought are favorites. haha. The longall on the left and in the middle is the same but the square in the middle is reversible! 2 outfits in one. That was one of the items that I saw earlier in the week and was so glad when I found it in the overstuffed racks. 

I really was hoping to find a plain longall so that I could get it monogrammed and wouldn't you know it, I found one! It's a Strasburg blue and brown check beautiful longall and it was only $10. I am probably going to do a round monogram like this one but with dark brown stitching.

Can't forget the pj's. He already has quite a few pairs but for the price, I couldn't pass these up. I also got 3 or 4 long sleeve onesies. I looked at all the toys after sorting all the clothes...I had stuffed about 50 clothing items into my bag....whoopsie! I had no idea I had that many. The toy section was a bit overwhelming but I did find a really cute animal bowling set. I didn't get it for the bowling aspect( for now )but for the cute fuzzy animal pins that I knew Rowen would just love. It's already a hit!

Checking out the piggy's nose. They are super cute plus they rattle & jingle. 
There are a few other really good ones coming up but my mom and I will be looking for just a few pairs of heavy weight casual pants and a sweater or 2. We have everything else from previous sales that we went to a few weeks ago. When I first heard that I would be having a boy I immediately thought "ohhhhh....I won't get to buy cute clothes". Boy was I wrong!! I love all these cute boy clothes that I buy for Rowen! I love dressing my baby :)

~Rachel~









No comments:

Post a Comment