Friday, August 24, 2012

Rowen is 10 months old today!

I say this with the start of every new month...I can't believe Rowen is 10 months old! Time is just flying by. One thing time is not doing is slowing down. I can't believe he is 2 months away from being one. 

He has the look of " I'm 10 months old?..Really?" 

I have been thinking about what kind of personality he has developed and I would say he is outgoing, adventurous, and loving. Outgoing because he is not afraid of people. He gives big smiles and has started to wave( which is the cutest thing ever! ) If someone other than Brent or myself starts talking to him, he usually gives a big smile and will start to talk back. He "shares" his toys. And by "shares" I mean he will hand you a toy and then want you to hand it back :) I can already see him as being a good sharer and helper when he gets a little older. Adventurous because he wants to explore the whole house...really explore every room! He tries to pull up on everything...the couch, the dining room chairs, his bouncy seat, his bed rails( while in bed), etc...etc...And he CAN pull up on all of these! He likes when we go around the house and I tell him about different things in each of our rooms. He also loves and I mean loves being outside and going for jogs or walks. He is very intrigued by leaves on trees, birds, and dogs! There are quite a few dogs in the neighborhood and we usually run into a few on our walks and he loves looking at them. He definitely loves nature. And loving because he loves all over Brent and I. He hugs us and gives us sweet pats. He even gives smooches. 


I love his smile and his cute little teeth...all 6 of them :) His facial expressions are so funny and he adds new ones every week. His coordination has really improved this past month. He can easily do different things at the same time with both hands.For example: earlier today he was playing with a puzzle piece with one hand while banging a block against another block with the other hand. He loves to make noise. He uses his pincer grasp all the time. It's cute to see those 2 tiny fingers picking things up. He really uses that grasp when picking up puffs. 


He still takes two naps...one morning and one afternoon. And sleeps about an hour during each one. I was reading that at this age, morning naps can start to fade and that he might not need that nap soon. For my sake and a little "me" time, I hope he continues to take his morning naps for a while longer. It a nice time for me to relax and have a few cups of coffee! Rowen really enjoys listening to music while he plays and in the car. He bops along to the tune and usually giggles while he does it. We have a few kid cd's that he really likes listening to. 



Rowen is a good mimic-er! I love making a face and watching him trying to mimic it. He also is good at mimicing sounds. If you screech, he will screech. If you make an "oooooo" sounds, he will try to make that same sound. With mimicing comes listening and he a great listener. There is a train that runs by our neighborhood and when it blows its horn, he stops what he is doing and starts babbling and looking outside. I can only imagine what he is thinking! If the cats are making noise in another room he will all of a sudden turn in that direction and look at me and look towards the room then look at me then the room. I'm really working on just having conversations with him throughout the day and talking to him like he can understand what I'm saying. Oh, when I sing songs to him, he has a tune behind his babble like he is trying to sing back to me :)



He is such a joy to be around and makes us laugh every single day. We love his sweet personality and the love he already has for us. We love his big blue eyes and his wispy blonde hair that is actually getting thicker by the week. He has the sweetest smile and the cutest laugh. We couldn't imagine life without our sweet 10 month old!!





No comments:

Post a Comment