Monday, August 27, 2012

A little boy and his...

Fire Truck! My mom bought Rowen a ride on fire truck and a furry rocking horse this past weekend at a sale and he loves them! I can't believe he is big enough to use ride on toys! He of course doesn't know how to move his feet to make them move yet but he certainly does love being pushed around on the fire truck.




His eyes got really big when he saw the new toys at my parent's house last night. He sat on that truck for a good 10 minutes smiling and checking it out. It makes sounds and plays a song. Row is a big fan of anything that plays tunes right now. He always bops up and down while listening too which is very cute. We took the truck back to our house and left the horse @ Nana and Pops' house. Rowen played with that truck for at least 30 minutes today! When I showed him that the seat lifted up and down and that he could put toys under the seat, he continued to keep himself occupied for a while with the new discovery :)

Ride little horsey...
The horse talks and sings a song and yes, its mouth moves while it does all of that. It's a cute little horsey. 

On a different note, Rowen has pretty much mastered eating puffs. He only gags on one if it gets stuck to the inside of his mouth. That happens maybe once every other time he eats them. I have this huge fear of him choking on little finger foods so I have been hesitant to give him any. I DID however give him little carrot cubes that were cooked very very well last week and he did fine. I guess he is still figuring out how to chew or mash with his gums. It's a process! I have found that he does better if I put a puff or a little piece of food in my hand one at a time rather than putting a few out on his tray. I put a few carrot cubes on his tray and he just mashed them up in his hand but when I put one cube in my hand he picked it up with his fingers and ate it. I'm definitely not going to make that a habit or he will never eat off of his tray but it worked for the time being. 

Puffs

A few more random photos that I have to share...
@ lunch yesterday

There's nothing like a sleeping baby :) and nothing like snuggles from that sweet baby!!





No comments:

Post a Comment