Wednesday after breakfast we packed up our beach bags and drove over to Lido Key Beach for the day. We pretty much had the beach to ourselves and we all liked it that way! There were a few other people there but we all had our own space and plenty of it. We took chairs and just sat in the sand and relaxed and chatted for a while. I noticed little flocks of seagulls started gathering near us and were all staring at a little boy about 20 yards away from us. He was about 6 and was holding a huge hotdog. What I'm about to say was probably one of the funniest things that I have seen in a long time. The little boy was standing up on his towel and was about to take a bite out of his hotdog when out of nowhere a seagull swooped down and stole that hotdog including the bun right out of his little hand. I died laughing and so did Brent, Heidi, and Justin. That seagull downed that dog in a matter of seconds and that little boy was MAD! He was screaming at the bird and kicking sand at the other birds that had run over hoping to grab another hotdog from one of the others. I was still laughing. He then proceeded to pick up a huge rock that I was assuming he was going to try to launch at the thief and I started to get concerned for the bird. I looked over at the lifeguard to make sure she was watching him and she was. He deciding against the rock and just started yelling at the birds again. His mom gave him another hotdog so it was all good in the end.
We had fun feeding the birds chips. I got these guys on video feeding the birds at the same time.
Well what happened to the little boy actually happened to me but with a chip not a hotdog. It once again was hilarious. This was way before we decided to feed them our chips...I was standing up and had just pulled a chip out of the bag when a seagull swooped down and grabbed that chip right out of my hand. He came so close to me that his wing grazed the side of my head! Those silly birds.
We ventured into the ocean which was so warm. It was really nice! We swam out to the sandbar and discovered that the sandbar was filled with tons of seashells. All sorts of shells. We spent a little time collecting them. Some we picked up even had crabs and mollusks in them. Here are just a few of the shells Brent and I collected:
We headed over to St. Armands Circle( about a football field away from the beach )to grab some lunch. We stopped in at the Daiquiri Deck and we ordered nachos. Justin and Heidi ordered chorizo nachos and we ordered shrimp ones. Justin ordered 1/2 dozen of oysters on the half shell. I kind of grimaced when he ordered those b/c they always look so gross. Well I made the mistake of telling him I had never had one and he said I just had to try one...ugh! Alright, I was up for it.
It was disgusting! I didn't go with the swallow route but the cracker route. So Justin put it on a cracker for me and I added a little hot sauce and started chewing. It was slimy and squishy and just not tasty. So, I'm not a raw oyster fan but at least I have tried one! After lunch the boys wanted some goggles so they could really go seashell diving so we stopped in at good ole Alvins Island and we got goggles. We stayed at the beach for another hour to 2 hours and then headed back to the house. We hung out in the pool before dinner. We had our leftover fish, chicken, and pasta salad for dinner and after that it was dessert and movie time. We watched Bridesmaids which Brent and I hadn't seen before and it was pretty hilarious! Thursday afternoon the Prine's dropped us off at the airport and Brent and I got home around 3pm. We had such a fun time with Justin and Heidi!! We were both excited to see Rowen and he was so glad to see us. We definitely had a great 4 day vacation with our friends but were ready to come home to our little man!

Well what happened to the little boy actually happened to me but with a chip not a hotdog. It once again was hilarious. This was way before we decided to feed them our chips...I was standing up and had just pulled a chip out of the bag when a seagull swooped down and grabbed that chip right out of my hand. He came so close to me that his wing grazed the side of my head! Those silly birds.
We ventured into the ocean which was so warm. It was really nice! We swam out to the sandbar and discovered that the sandbar was filled with tons of seashells. All sorts of shells. We spent a little time collecting them. Some we picked up even had crabs and mollusks in them. Here are just a few of the shells Brent and I collected:
We headed over to St. Armands Circle( about a football field away from the beach )to grab some lunch. We stopped in at the Daiquiri Deck and we ordered nachos. Justin and Heidi ordered chorizo nachos and we ordered shrimp ones. Justin ordered 1/2 dozen of oysters on the half shell. I kind of grimaced when he ordered those b/c they always look so gross. Well I made the mistake of telling him I had never had one and he said I just had to try one...ugh! Alright, I was up for it.
It was disgusting! I didn't go with the swallow route but the cracker route. So Justin put it on a cracker for me and I added a little hot sauce and started chewing. It was slimy and squishy and just not tasty. So, I'm not a raw oyster fan but at least I have tried one! After lunch the boys wanted some goggles so they could really go seashell diving so we stopped in at good ole Alvins Island and we got goggles. We stayed at the beach for another hour to 2 hours and then headed back to the house. We hung out in the pool before dinner. We had our leftover fish, chicken, and pasta salad for dinner and after that it was dessert and movie time. We watched Bridesmaids which Brent and I hadn't seen before and it was pretty hilarious! Thursday afternoon the Prine's dropped us off at the airport and Brent and I got home around 3pm. We had such a fun time with Justin and Heidi!! We were both excited to see Rowen and he was so glad to see us. We definitely had a great 4 day vacation with our friends but were ready to come home to our little man!



No comments:
Post a Comment