Brent and I have been out of town for the past 4 days. We took a little vacation with the Prines, Justin and Heidi. We had Southwest gift cards and needed to use them so Brent and I decided to go to Sarasota! We love it there and Brent's uncle has a house and always lets us stay there. This was our very first time to be away from our sweet baby! It was hard to say bye to him on Sunday afternoon...seeing him on the front porch with my mom as we drove away made me a little sad but neither Brent nor I cried while we were gone :) We knew he was in good hands. All 4 of us decided that it would save us quite a bit of money if we flew out of Birmingham instead of Nashville. Justin's parents live there so we had a place to stay and people to take us to the airport. Soooo Sunday afternoon around 2:30pm we hit the road and arrived in B-ham about 3 hours later. It's not a bad drive at all! The 4 of us headed to dinner with Justin's mom( his dad was doing some work on a townhouse they own )and we went to Milo's. I have heard about Milo's and I love their sweet tea but I had never had their food. It was alright...just another burger joint! My favorite part was the tea! haha. Early Monday morning( around 7am ) we hit the road and Justin's dad dropped the 4 of us off at the airport. It only took about an hour to reach Tampa. It was such a quick trip and I'm glad we decided to head to B-ham on Sunday night.
After landing in Tampa
We rented a car for the week and Justin wanted a convertible so we ended up getting a brand new Mustang and it was nice to have a convertible at the beach! It only takes about 45 minutes to get to Sarasota from Tampa...not a bad drive at all. On the way, you have to go over this massive bridge, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, that crosses over Tampa Bay and it's the steepest bridge I have ever been on minus the Brooklyn Bridge.
Once we settled in at the house, we headed to the beach! There are several beaches to go to but Brent and I always head to Siesta Key so that's where we went. I love the beaches there because they are huge and aren't filled with tons of people. And it was nice to go in August. We just laid around and hung out in the ocean for a bit. There was quite a bit of seaweed which wasn't great but you could just push it out of the way while swimming.
Enjoying the sun :)
Sunset - Riding around in the convertible
We got back from the beach around 7pm Monday night and quickly got cleaned up and went to Two Senoritas mexican restaurant in downtown Sarasota. It's super yummy!
Inside of the restaurant. It's a really pretty little place!
The food is super delish!!
We got done with dinner around 10pm( late night! ) and before heading back to the house we went across the street to the Marina and looked at all the boats. Brent and I love walking around that marina so I'm glad Justin and Heidi wanted to go take a look! There are all kinds of boats there... tiny to massive! We had a great first day and yes, we did check on Rowen a few times and my mom said he was doing great. That definitely made Brent and I feel much better about being away :)
Inside of the restaurant. It's a really pretty little place!
The food is super delish!!
We got done with dinner around 10pm( late night! ) and before heading back to the house we went across the street to the Marina and looked at all the boats. Brent and I love walking around that marina so I'm glad Justin and Heidi wanted to go take a look! There are all kinds of boats there... tiny to massive! We had a great first day and yes, we did check on Rowen a few times and my mom said he was doing great. That definitely made Brent and I feel much better about being away :)

No comments:
Post a Comment