So Brent and I( actually just Brent ) made Rowen's bookshelves this past weekend!! I am super excited about them. They look great! I love that my husband is so handy! When I showed Brent the picture that I had found on-line of the bookshelves that I wanted him to re-create, he was all about making them :) We went to Home Depot on Friday evening and got all the materials and he actually made the shelves that night. Then we hung them and painted them on Saturday!! Here is the picture that I had found online:
I love how the bookshelves/books work as a decoration and are of course practical. Ours look exactly like these except that we went with 4 shelves instead of 6. And here are ours:
There is plenty of room for lots more books :) They are about 5 feet long and take up a little over half the wall.
Brent did such a good job!
The room is coming right along. I am ordering the bedding tomorrow. My grandparents sent us the money to buy it. So it is a gift from them :) I just can't wait for it to arrive. Yay!
On a whole other note, I saw this picture/recipe a few minutes ago and just melted into the couch! haha. It's a Banana, Nutella, and Cream Cheese Cake!!!
It's banana cake, filled with nutella buttercream layers, then covered with cream cheese icing.
I told Brent about the recipe and he said "SAVE THAT RECIPE"!!! haha. I will attempt to make it this weekend :)





love the book shelves and that cake looks YUMMY
ReplyDeleteBookshelves look great...I guess we need to buy Rowen some books!
ReplyDeleteYummy for your tummy! The bookcases are so nice.
ReplyDelete