I have found something that I hate about pregnancy! haha. As you know, I haven't had any problems and haven't had any sickness. The HEAT is literally melting me! I immediately start sweating when I step outside...it's gross! I can't even seem to get my car cool enough when I am riding in it. Oh well. That's summer. It is week 26. This past week it( I guess ) is more noticeable that I am actually pregnant. I say this b/c I have had a few people say things to me about my pregnancy...all nice/sweet things. Tops just aren't loose on me anymore. My shirts really stretch across my stomach.
Rowen is still the size of an eggplant. Only 97 days to go! He now weighs 2 pounds and is really filling out and starting to put on weight. His length is around 9 1/4 inches. Baby has created a schedule for itself. It actually has distinct sleeping and waking cycles! I definitely know Rowen is awake in the evening...7pm-10pm or so I can really feel him moving around. All 5 of his senses are fully developed even though he is not using most of them yet.
26 Weeks - July 22, 2011
Next week will be the start of the third trimester! Woo Hoo! Brent and I will be registering for pre-natal classes in the next week or two. They are given at Baptist( where we will be delivering )so that's nice and convenient. At the end of the class, they give you a tour of the area that you will be in when you come in to deliver. I am looking forward to the tour just so we will know where to go and what to do before hand! Another thing that I am looking forward to in 97 days...no more pre-natal vitamins! I didn't mind them for the first few months but the taste is just so old now and I dread taking them every night. I'm sure they could be worse! I can't wait for our next appointment with Dr. Kyzer. It's August 1. Even though I will have to have lab work done..ugh!!..I look forward to each appointment to just get reassured that baby is doing great and everything is ok with me too!
On a side note, there is a HUGE consignment sale going on this weekend called Encores and my mom volunteered a few shifts prior to the sale so that she could get in to the pre-sale and buy stuff for Rowen. She was so thoughtful and got tons of items. She got a glider and ottoman for Rowen's room. Brent loves the glider. He said it might be his new favorite place to read a book. Good! Rowen is going to love to have books read to him :) That's not the kind of books Brent was talking about but I'm sure he will like reading Dr. Seuss and Winnie the Pooh books soon! My mom said she was going to get a few outfits too...She did NOT mention that a few would mean 26 articles of clothing!! I was shocked but super excited. She found some really really cute clothes.
Some of the items...
this is one of my favorites...little overalls w/rocking horses on them
this one is really cute too
"Thank Heaven For Little Boys"
So from the generous gift of clothes that my Granny and Papa sent a few months ago to the generous gift of 26 items that my mom bought and the clothes that we have been given from other family members, Rowen is totally set until his first birthday it seems like!!







I'm loving your cute pictures. Has Brent put on some sympathy pounds too?
ReplyDeleteOh! No, Brent hasn't gained any weight! Haha.
ReplyDelete-rachel-