Today I am LOVING
all the pictures Libby Barker took at our Gender Reveal Party on May 28, 2011! She just posted them on my facebook yesterday so I am going to share them with y'all today :) To preface the pictures, many of y'all know that Brent and I chose to have a Gender Reveal Party to reveal to our family and friends if we were having a boy or a girl. So here is the party in pictures!
The theme was "Blue and Pink". So I tried to get everything that I could in those 2 colors! This was the food table's centerpiece that I threw together last minute. It's just a bunch of tissue paper in an apothecary jar.
This is the food table. We had everyone over at dinner time so we grilled burgers and hotdogs and had a slew of other foods like potato salad, fresh fruit, chips, etc...I made several "party poms" and put them around the house. I made those 2 that are hanging from the light fixture.
Of course the drinks had to go with the theme! The pink drink is pink lemonade and the blue drink is berry blue kool-aid. There were blue and pink straws as well!
I tried to make pink and blue desserts as well...these are oreos dipped in blue and pink died white chocolate.
Fudge swirled with blue and pink food coloring
Boy and Girl sugar cookies that I made from scratch :) There were also blue and pink rice krispie treats and blue and pink swirled hard candy in the flavor of cotton candy.
There were several activities for guests to particpate in. First was a basket of blue and pink leis that greeted everyone. You were to pick the color that you thought the baby was( Blue=Boy, Pink=Girl )and wear it for the night. Then the Blue Team and The Pink team would get a group picture later on. I made signs for each activity so everyone would know what to do.
Candy guessing game. Whoever guessed right w/out going over won the jar of candy. The pink candies were Hershey's Bliss chocolate with a raspberry creme filling and the blue candies were Hershey's kisses in cookies and cream and some were coconut. Mamaw( Brent's grandma ) won the pink jar and my mom won the blue jar....these jars held a lot of candy!
Vote for "boy" or "girl". I made the signs and then got smiley face stickers for everyone to cast theier vote with.
Baby name board. I took a corkboard and covered it with polka dot fabric that I found in the baby fabric section at JoAnn's. There were 3 boy names and 3 girl names on the board. Guests were to choose a boy name and a girl name that they thought we chose for our baby's name! Brent and I had already picked out the name that we were naming our baby so we got to reveal that to everyone at the party too :)
Boy's names: Beckitt, Rowen, & Warner
Girl's names: Hadley, Olivia, and Isla( I-la NOT Iz-la! )
We got group shots before the reveal:
BLUE TEAM
PINK TEAM
Now to the reveal( Brent and I actually found out the day before at the ultrasound appointment. We wanted to know before the party ). Even though I already knew, I was so nervous when it came time to reveal!!
We made cupcakes and injected them with the color of frosting for what we were having...So when everyone took a bite, the answer was there in the middle of their cupcake!
Everyone finding out that it is.....
A boy :) And his name is Rowen Thomas Easley.
Blue lei picture after the reveal
~ Rachel ~























Such a cute way to tell everyone! And congrats on the baby boy - love the name! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
What an awesome baby shower! Congratulations on your boy! I love all the decorations and food. A lot of thought and time went into the preparations, and it showed.
ReplyDelete