Sunday, June 12, 2011

20 Weeks!!..Halfway there!

Well, I have officially reached the halfway mark in my pregnancy! Yay! I expect some uncomfortable-ness to come along in the near future but I am still feeling great and have gotten use to having to sleep on my sides instead of my back and stomach...I don't like it but I have gotten use to it! I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again! 


 BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Rowen is now the size of a cantaloupe! That's pretty big :) His weight is about 9 ounces or a bit bigger, I am thinking. On our next doctor visit at the end of this month, we have an ultrasound along with a check up so we will get to see how big he has gotten since the last ultrasound...it will be a month since the last one. At the next ultrasound, Rowen is suppose to weigh about 12 ounces so we'll see if he is overly healthy :) Also at 20 weeks, crown to rump length is 6 1/2 inches. After 20 weeks, I should grow( my stomach that is should grow ) 1/2 an inch each week...Oh boy! The epidermis and the dermis are forming layers...surface and deeper layers of skin. "Your abdominal muscles are being stretched and pulled apart"...they sure are. My stomach is always pretty tight now. It's even tighter after
I eat! It's good to know that the abdominal muscles tighten back up after pregnancy! I am also doing a few standing ab exercises a couple times a week to keep them strong. My waist is definitely gone at this point and I'm wearing maternity clothes everyday. None of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit but of course that is normal!! I found a bathing suit @ Target that fits my growing body and Brent actually ordered a bathing suit for me for my birthday!...I picked it out of course :) So I now have some bathing suits that I can wear in Florida next week. 

 20 weeks( and 2 days ) June 12, 2011

A bit sunburnt in this picture!

I have definitely started to feel Rowen moving around. No kicking yet just movement. I can usually feel him the most in the evenings when I am laying still on the couch or in bed. Last night he was moving all around and I told Brent to give me his hand! Brent felt him for the first time last night. He said it kind of freaked him out! It is pretty weird and awesome at the same time. Now that I have been able to feel him move for about a week now, I have gotten use to it and just think it's really cool now. 



             

No comments:

Post a Comment