The Cirque du Soleil shows have always looked very interesting and something that I would enjoy going to see. Brent and I are going with a group of friends tonight and sitting in a suite/box thanks to one of our friends, Angie, who got all of us free tickets!! This is about tonights show:
Alegría is a mood, a state of mind. The themes of the show, whose name means "jubilation" in Spanish, are many. Power and the handing down of power over time, the evolution from ancient monarchies to modern democracies, old age, youth—it is against this backdrop that the characters of Alegría play out their lives. Kings' fools, minstrels, beggars, old aristocrats and children make up its universe, along with the clowns, who alone are able to resist the passing of time and the social transformations that accompany it.
What I didn't know is that there are performers AND characters. This is a story like mentioned above that the characters are telling through their stories and the stories of the performers. * I originally thought it was just a bunch of gymnastic-y, flying through the air, etc...type of stuff! No No, there is much more!
Here are some of the performers:
And here are 2 characters who I think I am really going to like watching:
The White Singer-
She is the storyteller who echoes in song everything she sees around her. She moves like a delicate porcelain doll in a jewelry box.
And this is her alter ego!
The Black Singer-
There is a wickedness about her. She hides many secrets in her dark heart!
Hopefully I will get to take some pictures while we are there and show you these characters and performers in real life!!
~Brent and Rachel~






I can't wait to see your vacation pics!
ReplyDelete