Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yummy!

Tonight Brent and I had one yummy dinner! We tried out a new recipe. We actually like to try out new recipes all the time but we put our own twist on them. Tonight was bowtie pasta with Italian sausage and marinara sauce! I got home tonight before Brent b/c my personal training clients cancelled so I made dinner :) I started by sauteing  half an onion and freshly picked basil from our wonderful basil plant! I sauted them in olive oil for about 7 minutes. 


After the onions got a bit translucent, I added the Italian sausage. Brent has started getting most of our groceries at Whole Foods. He got the Italian sausage there and it was SO good.


I let the sausage, onions, and basil cook for 15 minutes and then I added the sauce.


The sauce was one can of marinara sauce and one can of fire roasted tomatoes. It was a good combination. Now the actually recipe was very basic...pasta, sausage, sauce...etc...so 
I added onion and basil and fire roasted tomatoes and so on to make it even more delicious. So the sauce and sausage simmered for about 20-25 minutes while the bowtie pasta cooked. When the pasta was done, I added the sauce and sausage to the pasta.


And then topped it with parm!!


It was so so good! We will definitely be making it again. And unlike most italian meals, this was actually really light and nutritious :) We also had a salad of greens, edamame, cucumbers, black olives, and freshly grated cheddar cheese. It was one delicious meal!

                

No comments:

Post a Comment