I don't know what it is about bubble gum and summer but the 2 just go hand in hand! I love riding with the windows down in my car, smaking on gum, and blowing huge bubbles. I don't really seek out bubble gum in the winter months but I love getting bubble gum in the summer. I would have to say that Watermelon and Grape are my 2 most fav flavors.
Does anyone else ever stop and think why we love chewing on a rubbery blob for hours and hours?! haha. Here are a few fun facts about bubble gum:
* It was invented in the 1928 by a gentleman named Walter Diemer. Walter actually worked as an accountant for a chewing gum company in Philadelphia. In his spare time he experimented with a new gum recipe and turns out with his ingrediants, he made bubble gum. He started selling his gum under the name Dubble Bubble.
*The worlds largest bubble blown was set in 1994 by a lady named Susan from Fresno, CA. Her bubble grew to 23" in diameter! She holds the record in the Guiness Book of World Records. Seems like something I might like to try and beat! But that's a 2 foot wide bubble. I wonder how many pieces of gum she used?!
Here is a rundown of some of my favorite bubble gums when I was growing up:
Gum shaped like band-aids..loved it!
Bubble tape was great! 6 feet of gum in one cute roll!
Do you remember this one?! Each piece had a joke on the inside of the wrapper.
And the cutest bubble gum picture...
2 very funny SNL ladies :)
( side note: Brent wrote the last post about our nightmare trying to get home from the beach on Wednesday. He wanted to record our terrible but funny mishaps and we had quite a few! I'll post some other things from Destin soon! )
~Rachel~
No comments:
Post a Comment