Sunday was a great day for various reasons! It was mother's day...it was new arrivals day @ church...and it was super sunny! Brent headed to Lebanon to go to church and lunch with his mom and I stayed here so I could sit with my mom at church. I got my mom a really pretty pink orchid boutonniere( isn't that what they're called for women too when it goes on the lapel?).
It was very similar to this one. You will see later on in the post!
Church service was great and it was New Arrivals Day too! There were about 25 new babies in 2010. They are all so cute. They show a slide show of the babies and their families before they all come up front. There were some funny pics of those cute babies. My mom leaned over to me during the presentation and said "Next year, y'all will be up there!"
Yes we will and I can't wait! Our first little step to announce the baby at church is to put a little construction paper flower on the "watch us grow" board in the children's wing. Brent and I are going to fill out the sheet this week and turn it in on Sunday. Then our little flower will go on the board with the other babies flowers that will be born soon! Do you want to know the names that we have picked out for a boy and a girl????? Sorry, still not sharing :) You can wait till May 28th, can't you?! Anyways, back to my mom's day...after service we ALWAYS go out to eat. This week my mom picked CPK( California Pizza Kitchen )! Love that place! haha.
Yes we will and I can't wait! Our first little step to announce the baby at church is to put a little construction paper flower on the "watch us grow" board in the children's wing. Brent and I are going to fill out the sheet this week and turn it in on Sunday. Then our little flower will go on the board with the other babies flowers that will be born soon! Do you want to know the names that we have picked out for a boy and a girl????? Sorry, still not sharing :) You can wait till May 28th, can't you?! Anyways, back to my mom's day...after service we ALWAYS go out to eat. This week my mom picked CPK( California Pizza Kitchen )! Love that place! haha.
My mom and my dad both got salads and I got the cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich.
My sandwich...yum!
My mom's waldorf salad
My dad's cobb salad
The chicken salad sandwich and the cobb salad are my favorite meals there! It is always a good time catching up with each other over events from the previous week and upcoming stuff during our Sunday lunch. I got my mom a few presents... I got her a yard flag with flowers on it and the small flag pole to go with it. I also bought her a necklace, bracelet, and earrings from Belk. I love Belk's jewelry and dresses!
The sun was VERY bright hence the squinty eyes!
I think my mom had a great MOTHER'S DAY !! :)
~ Rachel ~





No comments:
Post a Comment