Brent and I went out to dinner Friday night and we decided pizza really sounded good! He suggested PizzeREAL and I was all about that idea. We both love their pizza and think it's the best in Nashville! It's located in East Nashville at 5 points. If you never go to East Nashville, you should. At least go over to that area for eats! They have some of the best restaurants in Nashville. Our favortie mexican place...Rosepepper... is in East Nashville as well as our favorite pizza place. There are several things I really like about PizzeREAL besides the pizza.
The actual building is... well, not a building but an old victorian house that they converted into a restaurant. I love the vintage feel of the inside( I'm a BIG atmosphere person when it comes to restaurants! ). They also have a great front patio but it was raining when we got there so we had to sit inside. You sit wherever you want and the whole ombiance is laid back, comfy, & casual. I am pretty sure it's family owned and operated but I don't know that for a fact. The pizza is made to order and made with super fresh ingredients. We started with a greek salad. Love it! It was greens, red onions, kalamata olives, tomato, feta, and their house greek dressing which I really want the recipe for!! We held the feta b/c it's on the "please don't eat this while you're pregnant" list. Another food that I love on salads that I have had to give up! haha. It's a pretty large potion...totally enough for 2 people. Out of all honesty, I could have eaten it by myself! I absolutely love salads!! I am glad Brent and I split it though or I probably couldn't have eaten more than 1 slice of pizza. I think 2 things make a great pizza...the dough and the sauce. Both of theirs are fantastic! And not to mention the ooey goey cheese and all the fresh toppings! Our pizza was topped with pepperonis, sausuage, onions, mushrooms, and kalamata olives...needless to say we had our sodium quota for the day with all those kalamata olives!
* this is not our pizza but looks pretty close to what we had*
Like I said before, if you have never been to East Nashville for food or if it's been a while, get over there and try one of the local places! It's fun to eat local and support the community :)
Brent and Rachel


No comments:
Post a Comment