Saturday, May 14, 2011

16 Weeks! Oh little baby bump...

15 weeks has come and gone and now it's time to say "hello" to 16 weeks and a slightly larger belly. "Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender." -thebump.com


 BabyFruit Ticker

This must be a pretty large avocado...avocados around here aren't larger than naval oranges but this one must be! So baby has graduated orange status and moved to avocado size! Crown to rump length at 16 weeks is 4 1/3 to 4 2/3 inches. Weight is about 2 3/4 ounces. Baby has lanugo hair all over it't body and the umbilical cord is now attached to the abdomen. At this stage, legs are longer than arms and the arms and legs are moving. Brent and I actually saw the baby's limbs moving at the 13 week ultrasound. I think it would be so cute to see the baby sucking its thumb at the ultrasound in 2 weeks! Also at 16 weeks, you might be able to feel the baby moving. I'm anxiously awaiting this!! I talked to my sister in law, Kelli, yesterday about the baby moving. She told me what it will probably  feel like and she said it's the greatest feeling! It's usually felt between 16 and 20 weeks. I'm guessing that it will be moving for a while before I notice it but maybe not! I'll keep you updated about the baby's movements :) 

April 13th, 2011

16 weeks

Pregnant women are encouraged to eat snacks throughout the day. This is not just b/c they might be hungry but a nutritional goal in pregnancy is to eat enough so important nutrients are always available for your body's use and for use by the growing fetus. I saw lots of strawberry's at the store earlier today. I will be getting those to snack on for sure! I love strawberry's and watermelon in the summer time!! 

I love to lie on my stomach when I fall asleep and I usually lay pretty flat on my back while on the couch watching tv. Well, 16 weeks is a turning point for sleeping habits. NO MORE lying flat on my back while resting or sleeping or exercising(no more abs on the floor in otherwise). Laying flat on your back puts extra pressure on the aorta and vena cava, which can reduce blood flow to the baby...we don't want that! It's super important b/c in the book that I am reading( Your Pregnancy week by week ), it says it a couple time in the 16 week chapter!! There are pillows made called "C" pillows that a pregnant women can buy to help them remember to not sleep on their back but I think putting some pillows behind me from our guest bed while I am on my side will work just fine. **Anatomy ultrasound is in 2 weeks!!**

               



No comments:

Post a Comment