This has been one busy weekend! I am enjoying resting on the couch today! I'll get back to why my legs are so sore in a bit. Let's talk B-A-B-Y!! I am in my 14th week. This past Wednesday Brent and I headed to the doctor for an important visit. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I talked about this in my last post so I won't elaborate but if you missed the story about our visit, read my last post! It went well and we did hear the heartbeat! It was really cool. At 14 weeks baby Easley iissss....the size of a lemon( a lemon that is the size of my closed fist).
180 days to go and feeling great! At 14 weeks, baby's crown to rump length is 4 inches and weight is 1 ounce. As far as maternity clothes go, I probably should take my mom up on the offer soon to go shopping but I am still wearing regular shirts and dresses. The dresses obviously have to have a little give or stretch to work. I noticed that my "bump" got a little bigger this week. It is definitely noticeable when wearing tank tops and t-shirts. This week the baby's eyes and ears move to a more normal position. Before this, the eyes have been out to the side and now they are moving to the front of the face. Next doctor visit is May 27th. This will be the anatomy ultrasound. The baby will soon be a HE or SHE :) Dr. Kyzer asked me before the appointment was over if I was planning on getting an epidural and I quickly said Yes. Absolutely. We both started laughing I guess b/c I was so enthusiastic about the answer. What lady would want to lay for hours in pain?? Not this one! They make pain relievers for a reason!! And I plan to take the nurses up on any offer of pain relievers when in labor!
14 weeks. April 30, 2011
Switching gears to yesterday's event! Yesterday was the Country Music Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. I chose to run the 1/2 this year! It was my very first 1/2 marathon and it was so much fun! I ran it with 2 of my dear friends, Beth and Robin! I can see why people love doing this every year. I literally had a smile on my face the entire time( one of my spectator friends even noticed this and told me "you looked so happy while you were running.haha! ) If I were to guess, I would say out of the 13.1 miles, Beth and I walked 2 of them...not all at once but throughout the whole course. Our time was 2:45:00. That's pretty good for my very first time running 13.1 miles!! I felt great the entire way. On about miles 10, I was getting a bit tight in my hips and my knees were a little achy but you don't realize how hard you pushed your body until you cross the finish and stop! Walking to the car to get home was worse then the race itself! haha. My legs were beat! Brent and I went to dinner last night with some friends( Beth and Robin were there ). When we all stood up to leave, Beth, Robin, and myself all let out a huge "ohhhhhh...ahhhhhh!" Our legs were so stiff from sitting for 2 hours! I am feeling great today and can't wait till the 1/2 next year!! One of my most favorite parts were all the 100's of spectators! There were people watching and cheering the entire way!
The starting line! Look at the 31,000 people this year :) Just in case you are looking at this picture and you have a scared look on your face...not all 31,000 people start at the same time. They let you go in waves or corrals as they are called. I think there was about 1.5 to 2 minutes between each corral. This way, it gives everyone a chance to spread out a bit. We were in corral 22 and it took us about 30 minutes to actually reach the starting line.
Beth and myself steps from crossing the finish line
Us after crossing the finish and getting our medals
Isn't the medal pretty? Gold and glittery...right up my ally :)
What a wonderful Saturday morning! We hope everyone has a great start to the week!






No comments:
Post a Comment