These past 9 months have gone by so quickly! I can't believe Rowen is 9 months old today. We headed to the doctor this afternoon for his 9 month check up and to our surprise, he didn't have to get any shots! More will come at 1 year but at least he didn't have to get pricked several times today!
At 9 months he is:
29 1/2 inches tall ( 85th percentile )
21 pounds ( 60th percentile )
and his head circumference is 18 3/4 inches ( 95th percentile )
Heading out the door to the doctor's appointment
Playing with toys while waiting for Dr Brady
He loves sitting on the paper and crunching it up in his hands...sooo funny!
Dr Brady said he looks great! We discussed his eye appointment on Friday. His tear ducts are still a little blocked so we have an appointment with a doctor at the Vanderbilt eye center on Friday afternoon to see what they have to say. We also talked about all the new foods he can start eating like puffs and meat! I don't know how I feel about pureeing meat but I'll give it a shoot. My cousin, Angie, said she just couldn't do it b/c of the smell and how it looked! haha. He tried a new food today...turnips. He likes them :)
Such a big boy
Since he has 6 teeth, Dr Brady recommended that we start cleaning his teeth. And we want to go ahead and start him on a good habit. So tomorrow I am going to go to the store and get the little finger brush so we can start cleaning them! Next week, we will try the meat thing. Not sure which meat we will try first...probably turkey or chicken. I'm curious to know if he is going to like it or not!
As far as motor skills go, he can push himself up to a sitting position from laying on the floor. And of course can go from a sitting to lying position by himself too. He isn't pulling himself up to a standing position yet but I know that's not too far away. He can put weight on his legs and can stand up if Brent and I are holding under his arms. I'm in no rush for him to start standing yet! He'll do things when he wants to!!
Happy boy :)
I feel like he is going to start spitting out words any minute now. haha. He is constantly making sounds and "singing". He can say "mama" and "dada" but I don't think he knows that those words are who we are yet. Oh I can't wait for that day! He can imitate the rising and falling sounds when I talk to him. He is getting close to being able to wave. We are working on it :) We give him tons of praises when he shares with us or does something good like sitting up from a lying down position or opens and closes books...things like that.
He likes banging toys together and even throwing them. He really studies his toys still especially if he notices something on a toy that he hasn't seen before. He has the cutest little face when he is really studying something. He has started resisting diapering and sometimes it's exhausting. He thinks it funny, Brent and I on the other hand don't! haha. We just want to get a diaper on him but he would rather wiggle and twist and turn. He doesn't do it all the time...once or twice a day. I have tried telling him "no" in a nice gentle voice but he thinks that word is even funnier than twisting and turning...great!
He always tries to figure out what the sticker is and why it's on him.
He is a great eater and a great sleeper! Brent and I got blessed with a wonderful wonderful baby!! He rarely ever cries...still. He'll get fussy at some points during the day but tears don't come with the fussiness. He still loves reading and usually will grab a book before grabbing a toy. He has graduated from many of his toys and I hope to get him some new toys for his age at some up coming consignment sales.
We are truly blessed and love that we are parents to Rowen. He makes our lives brighter and puts an immediate smile on our face first thing in the morning! We love our sweet boy so much.
Happy boy :)
I feel like he is going to start spitting out words any minute now. haha. He is constantly making sounds and "singing". He can say "mama" and "dada" but I don't think he knows that those words are who we are yet. Oh I can't wait for that day! He can imitate the rising and falling sounds when I talk to him. He is getting close to being able to wave. We are working on it :) We give him tons of praises when he shares with us or does something good like sitting up from a lying down position or opens and closes books...things like that.
He likes banging toys together and even throwing them. He really studies his toys still especially if he notices something on a toy that he hasn't seen before. He has the cutest little face when he is really studying something. He has started resisting diapering and sometimes it's exhausting. He thinks it funny, Brent and I on the other hand don't! haha. We just want to get a diaper on him but he would rather wiggle and twist and turn. He doesn't do it all the time...once or twice a day. I have tried telling him "no" in a nice gentle voice but he thinks that word is even funnier than twisting and turning...great!
He always tries to figure out what the sticker is and why it's on him.
He is a great eater and a great sleeper! Brent and I got blessed with a wonderful wonderful baby!! He rarely ever cries...still. He'll get fussy at some points during the day but tears don't come with the fussiness. He still loves reading and usually will grab a book before grabbing a toy. He has graduated from many of his toys and I hope to get him some new toys for his age at some up coming consignment sales.
We are truly blessed and love that we are parents to Rowen. He makes our lives brighter and puts an immediate smile on our face first thing in the morning! We love our sweet boy so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment