When we went to bed Sunday night the prediction for the weather on Monday did not look promising. It was suppose to rain...and all day. When Brent and I woke up Monday morning there were rays of sunlight peeking through our blinds! I jumped up and looked outside and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! Tropical storm Debby was long gone and she never came back!
Pretty perfect looking huh?!
We decided to head to the beach after Rowen had his morning nap and ate lunch. We were pretty sure that he would not nap on the beach and that would be a lot of going back and forth in a matter of two hours or so. Our house was 2 blocks from the beach so it only took us a few minutes to walk there. When we got to the beach we put Rowen on a towel and let him check everything out. He just stared and stared at the ocean. He liked being on the beach!
Waiting on mommy and daddy to get ready
First time on the beach and loving it!
Silly boy :)
We didn't plop Row down in the sand because we didn't want his hands to get covered in sand and then him put them in his mouth...little did we know that baby powder takes that sand right on off. Once we knew that, we let him play in the sand the rest of the week! We did take him down to the water to put his feet in...
He got his heals in but not much else!
First family beach picture
After the beach everyone got cleaned up and we headed to the Back Porch for dinner. It's a yummy restaurant and one of those places that doesn't run the air conditioner b/c it's all open around the sides. The whole back of the place is open with ocean views. Before we left the house, we had a little photo shoot with the kids! I told Kelli that Rowen was going to wear his crab jon jon so she put Connor and Cade in their matching crab outfits.
WARNING: there is about to be too much cuteness!!
Sweet Rowen
Rowen-8 months old, Connor-2 years old, Cade-2 months old
Bebe and D-daddy with the boys
While waiting at the Back Porch we got some pictures:
The food was really good. I got the crab cakes. The were cooked perfectly and had lots of crab in them! Brent got a fried platter...shrimp, scallops, fish, and a crab cake. Rowen was getting really really tired because it was his bed time as we were leaving. He decided that he wanted to take a rest on his Bebe.
Awww!
After dinner we went to Brewster's for delicious ice cream! It's the best ice cream ever and Nashville needs one!! After everyone's bellies were full of ice cream, we crashed! It was a long day. Rowen did not sleep as well at night the entire week compared to his sleeping at home. I'm assuming it was because he slept in a pack-n-play instead of his crib, he was in a different environment, and his schedule was a little off on some days. All in all he did better than I thought he would regarding his sleep. Tuesday is up next and it was another beautiful day!

















I stumbled across your blog when I was pregnant and I've been reading it ever since. I have a 7 month old son, so its fun to see what I have to look forward to when you post pictures of your son. I just started my own blog. Check it out: http://lemonadeandlipgloss.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your beautiful family!
Love these posts!! Brusters started in Birmingham and has wonderful ice cream! There is one now by Angie's house. If you take your dog with you, they get a free doggie Sunday (vanilla ice cream with a dog biscuit in it) and if you go when raining or snowing, your ice cream is free!
ReplyDelete