Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tummy Love

I started looking back through pictures of tiny little Rowen earlier today and started noticing how his sleep positions have gradually changed as the months have gone by. He has always been such a cute little sleeper! Sometimes when he is taking his naps, I will go in and just take a quick peek at his sweet little face and always find it funny to see how he is sleeping. Ever since he started rolling over, you never know what you are going to see when you look in the monitor. Right now he is on his tummy with his head to the side and his arms out to the side. Speaking of being on his tummy...he sleeps on his tummy every single night now. We still put him to bed on his back but within minutes he will flip onto his tummy and stay like that pretty much the whole night. At first Brent and I were worried that he was sleeping like that since all we had heard for months was "back to sleep, tummy to play". But at Rowen's 6 month checkup Dr. Brady said it was fine for him to sleep like that especially since he knows how to roll over. Back to the tiny pictures...

Of course when he was teeny tiny he would only sleep on his back and would really only move when he was waking up. I can't believe he was small enough to fit in that Boppy!

He use to sleep with his hands above his head all of the time. All the time!!

Brent and I love this picture :)

And of course during his naps in his crib he enjoyed being swaddled.


I guess it was around 5 months that he really started rolling over to his side in the middle of the night and he would usually spend the night rolling from his side to his back and then back to his side. We never knew how he would be sleeping when he woke up.


Love how his hands are together.

Well now a days he usually starts out on his side and then ends up for the rest of the night/nap on his tummy. He loves sleeping on his tummy :)

He even tucks his legs up under him. It does not look comfortable!

This was today during one of his naps. I just wanted to crawl in there with him and snuggle.

I can only imagine how cute he will be when he gets to sleep with stuffed animals! 

        











No comments:

Post a Comment