This weekend was so nice...the weather, family time, and no computer! I didn't get on the computer once and I loved it. Now my phone has internet so I did check email and get on facebook a few times but no blogging, no Pinterest, and no surfing around! Electronics sure do rule our lives now a days and it's not always good. Here was our weekend:
On Saturday morning Brent made pancakes and we ate those while having coffee. I love waking up on Saturday mornings and laying around with Brent and Rowen while we still try to wake up! I laughed while telling Brent that I don't remember what "sleeping in" means anymore. I have slowly adjusted to waking up early even on the weekends. I wouldn't say I am a morning person just yet but I am getting there. After breakfast I headed to the pool( around 10:45 )and stayed out there till 12. Rowen and Brent ran an errand while I was soaking up the rays. I have to get some color on my skin before we head to Florida. No one likes a pasty body at the beach! I came in @ 12 to feed Rowen and then back out I went to the pool. My friend Shannon came over and laid out for about an hour and a half with me the second time around. It was so great to catch up while getting quite a bit of sun. I got a little burnt but it's not too bad.
On Saturday morning Brent made pancakes and we ate those while having coffee. I love waking up on Saturday mornings and laying around with Brent and Rowen while we still try to wake up! I laughed while telling Brent that I don't remember what "sleeping in" means anymore. I have slowly adjusted to waking up early even on the weekends. I wouldn't say I am a morning person just yet but I am getting there. After breakfast I headed to the pool( around 10:45 )and stayed out there till 12. Rowen and Brent ran an errand while I was soaking up the rays. I have to get some color on my skin before we head to Florida. No one likes a pasty body at the beach! I came in @ 12 to feed Rowen and then back out I went to the pool. My friend Shannon came over and laid out for about an hour and a half with me the second time around. It was so great to catch up while getting quite a bit of sun. I got a little burnt but it's not too bad.
It was such a perfect day at the pool!
Saturday night we headed to Olive Garden in Mt Juliet( we had a gift card )and had dinner with Ross and Anna. Once again, it was nice to catch up with friends. If I want good Italian food I would much rather have Amerigos but what I got was pretty good...shrimp alfredo. Rowen went with us to dinner and he, as always, was such a good little baby :) Anna hadn't seen him yet and he loved sitting with her! Brent and I just starting noticing this and need to get a picture b/c it's quite funny. If we put Rowen in the car to go somewhere and he falls asleep, when he wakes up and he's not in the car he gets this worried/confused look on his face that says "wait! where am I ??". But once one of us starts talking to him, he is back to being smiley and calm.
Saturday night we headed to Olive Garden in Mt Juliet( we had a gift card )and had dinner with Ross and Anna. Once again, it was nice to catch up with friends. If I want good Italian food I would much rather have Amerigos but what I got was pretty good...shrimp alfredo. Rowen went with us to dinner and he, as always, was such a good little baby :) Anna hadn't seen him yet and he loved sitting with her! Brent and I just starting noticing this and need to get a picture b/c it's quite funny. If we put Rowen in the car to go somewhere and he falls asleep, when he wakes up and he's not in the car he gets this worried/confused look on his face that says "wait! where am I ??". But once one of us starts talking to him, he is back to being smiley and calm.
Playing at Nana and Pops' house last night
Yesterday was a very relaxing Sunday. We went to church and then had a meeting right after service. I am going to be helping with the 1 & 2 year old class for the summer. They like to get volunteers for the summer months so the "school year" teachers and helpers can have a break. i think it will be a lot of fun. When we got home, Rowen took a nap and Brent and I laid on the couch and watched tv :) That evening we went over to my parents house and had dinner and just hung out for a bit. The weekend always goes by way too fast! I so enjoy the time that I get to spend with Brent and baby Row and always look forward to the weekends!
Here is a random video I took earlier today...my granny and papa gave Rowen this toy when they were here a few weekends ago and he LOVES it! The tune it is playing in the video gets stuck in our heads and Brent and I end up singing it at random times of the day and just start laughing. I love what Brent said about it. "I could hear that a million times and still love it because he does". So true!!
Yesterday was a very relaxing Sunday. We went to church and then had a meeting right after service. I am going to be helping with the 1 & 2 year old class for the summer. They like to get volunteers for the summer months so the "school year" teachers and helpers can have a break. i think it will be a lot of fun. When we got home, Rowen took a nap and Brent and I laid on the couch and watched tv :) That evening we went over to my parents house and had dinner and just hung out for a bit. The weekend always goes by way too fast! I so enjoy the time that I get to spend with Brent and baby Row and always look forward to the weekends!
Here is a random video I took earlier today...my granny and papa gave Rowen this toy when they were here a few weekends ago and he LOVES it! The tune it is playing in the video gets stuck in our heads and Brent and I end up singing it at random times of the day and just start laughing. I love what Brent said about it. "I could hear that a million times and still love it because he does". So true!!


No comments:
Post a Comment