Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Craft room needed!!

When Brent and I are ready to start looking for a house( for real this time ) I have a few "must haves" and one new one that I will be adding to the list is a craft room! I never thought I would be saying that. Although I love doing crafty things, I didn't think that I would ever need a specific room dedicated to just crafts. Well, I do. I need one! Thanks to inspirational ideas on Pinterest :) I have become quite a crafty little lady and I love it. With that said, our hall closet is stuffed to the brim with all my craft items. It's really not a good place for them to be. haha! There is no organization what so ever. Everything is just in what use to be an empty little spot...not necessarily all together. This closet is a coat closet. Enough said!  

Here is the canvas I talked about making in a previous post. I painted it and then stenciled the 6/9/12 months at the bottom in a darker blue. I think it turned out quite well!

And here it is with Rowen's 6 month footprints

While at Michael's last week I grabbed another smaller canvas to do something with and I decided to make a little footprint canvas for his room.

I painted it green to match his room and instead of taking the time to stencil the words I just quickly painted his name and age. It's hanging above his light switch. 

Even though his birthday is 6 months away, I know that I will be making a lot of the decorations and being super crafty! I can't wait. Even more of a reason to have a nice space for all this stuff that I will be accumulating with each craft project. And as Rowen gets older, I can see us doing craft projects together. 


               

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love crafty things, too! Love the pic of y'all... Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stencils. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete