Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pork Chops and Pineapple

Have I mentioned that Brent and I love The Pioneer Woman's recipes?!..only a few times :) 


Last night I whipped up one of her recipes and it definitely didn't disappoint! Brent and I saw this recipe and I knew right away that I wanted to make it this week. Pork chops and pineapple fried rice was what I fixed. When I first saw it, I was thinking that it looked a little too complicated to make but it was actually really easy. All of her recipes are pretty simple. 

This is the picture of hers and mine actually looked like the picture. It turned out quite well.

I basically just cooked the chops in a bit of oil and butter then added some onions, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and  sriracha. We love sriracha. It's a good kind of heat! When reading over the ingredients list, we actually had everything except the chops, a fresh pineapple, and frozen peas. We like to cook so our pantry/fridge was stocked with everything else that we needed. 

chops, onions, and soy sauce simmering( it smelled sooooo good!! )

finished chops

After the meat was done, it was time to cook the fried rice. I had the rice cooking in a pot as I was cooking the chops so it would be done when I was ready to make the fried rice. I threw in minced garlic and a couple of eggs and gave them a quick scramble. Then came the rice, green peas, pimentos, and a couple splashes of soy sauce. Brent grilled the pineapple and that was it!

The fried rice


We will definitely be fixing this again. If you want to make it, the recipe is on her website!


           


No comments:

Post a Comment