Friday late afternoon I could tell Rowen was kind of bored. He had pretty much managed to play with every single toy he has...twice! We read handfuls and handfuls of books and played little games that I made up too. My car was in the shop getting a little something repaired so we couldn't go anywhere. That was pretty miserable since it was a beautiful day. I had a thought to make him some finger paint and see if he would like that. He is good with his little fingers and thought at least he would like rubbing the paint around on the paper.
I found the recipe HERE. It was really easy to make and the paint turned out great! I put my paint in 2 condiment bottles that we had laying around.
He had fun!! Since I didn't have my car, I couldn't go and get some posterboard which I thought would be a good thing to paint on. Instead, I got some scrapbook paper that I had and taped it together. It served its purpose. He got super messy but totally enjoyed himself. It was fun to watch.
I told him not to put the bottles in his mouth...of course he had to.
Silly! Don't worry...the paint was not harmful. It was just flour, water, salt, and food coloring. He didn't eat any of it anyways.
He of course got a bath afterwards. There's nothing cuter than a freshly bathed baby!
{Saturday}
I had this for breakfast. This is one of my most fav things for breakfast!
Nutella and PB on toast. Yum!
I got ready and headed out the door. Saturday was my friend Kate's Bachelorette party! She is getting married in less than 2 weeks! She didn't want to do anything crazy but something really mellow and relaxing. So we meet at Arrington Vineyards and it was a perfect day for hanging around outside! 70's and sunny!
Selfie on the way
It was my first time to Arrington and it's a beautiful place! And there were quite a few people there enjoying the day as well.
There were 8 of us gals there. Kate's sister, Mary Beth, had quite a delicious spread of yummy snacks that we munched on while we sat around and chatted. Strawberry/spinach salad, an assortment of cheeses and crackers, hummus, veggies, and chocolate covered blueberries! Oh my goodness....they were ah-mazing! One more reason I need a Costco membership :) We were there till 5:30. We packed up and headed to a really yummy restaurant in the Factory in Franklin. Saffire. Those of you that have eaten there know what I am talking about with the yummy-ness!!
I got the chicken fried chicken with mac n cheese. All covered in ham gravy! We parted ways around 9pm and when I got home, I hit the sack and fell asleep quickly.
{Sunday}
After church we headed to Cracker Barrel. Love me some CB!! I got the french toast. Their french toast is delicious. I love that they use their sourdough bread to make it.
Sweet little thing rocking and reading while we waited for our table.
Brent had mentioned going to Carmax to look about a new car for me a few days before. And like I mentioned it was in the shop Friday getting something fixed. My Montero was 12 years old and I was just due for something a little newer. So we headed to Carmax after Rowen woke up from his nap( we dropped him off at my parents house on the way). I got my Montero at Carmax 12 years ago( well my parents bought that for me! )and Brent bought the SUV he has now from there a few years ago. We like dealing with them and they always have a good selection and nice cars. Not to drag this out any longer....I got a GMC Yukon!! I have loved these for years and I was so excited that they had one and we were able to buy it!!
It's a 2008 and is in pristine condition. It literally looks brand new. So glad they had one of the colors that I wanted...the only colors I wanted my new car to be were white, black, or dark grey. They had a dark grey. It was just meant to be! We got home, fed Rowen, and Brent and I had roast for dinner! It was delicious and it was a McCormick recipe. Their seasoning packets are awesome. It was a wonderful weekend!
{I'm also linking up with Lauren and Tiffany for Tuesday Topics}
Today is 6 favorite things in your house. Here are my 6...
1. My Voluspa candle. This is my favorite brand of candles. The scents are rich and expensive smelling. The candle itself lasts for a long time. And they aren't expensive.
2. My bed! I love to sleep. I really do. I always have. I can easily sleep in till 11am or 12pm everyday. I don't have the chance to do that very often but I certainly could if I had the opportunity.
3. I love our wood floors. We had carpet before and this just looks so much better. It makes our place look bigger and it stays cleaner than the carpet did!
4. Our TV. Just being honest here. We like TV shows and like relaxing on the couch together catching up on shows we love.
5. I definitely like my closet. It houses my favorite outfits! This isn't a great pic...at all...and it's super messy( real life here )but here she is.
( I don't think I will ever not be able to have a walk-in)
6. These 2 are my MOST favorite things in the house!!











Yay for the car! Sounds like a great weekend! The people you share your house with are the most amazing (the wood floors are pretty amazing too!)
ReplyDeleteI would love hardwood floors but I fear if we got them now, old man in condo below will blow a gasket. I'll just have to wait until a house.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Tuesday Topics!
That paint sounds super simple to make, and its edible ha ha! Glad Rowen had so much fun with it. Bummer your car was in the shop though.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new SUV!! I would love to trade in my little car for an SUV, we need the room bad.
I'll have to check out those candles - I'm always on the hunt for great candles.
Your bed is gorgeous - I love the headboard and your comforter set.
We need hardwood floors, so bad. Ha ha.
Those are beautiful wood floors! I love them! And my bed is a favorite, too!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Tuesday Topics!
www.MommaCandy.com
the painting looked like fun! congrats on the new car!
ReplyDelete