We had a jam packed Saturday and Sunday! Both days were so much fun. Rowen definitely had a great Easter this year.
{Saturday}
Saturday morning I rose bright and early and met 2 of my girlfriends for the Color Run!
I'm pretty sure the rest of the city met us there too. There were thousands and thousands of people there. We lined up towards the front of the pack and I'm so glad we did. We didn't even reach the starting line till 9:30am. The race started at 9:00am. Since there were so many racers, they were letting groups go about every 2 minutes. We finished at 10:00am and people were still waiting to get to the starting line!! What?!
Abi-Me-Mere pre race
We had a lot of fun during the race and the course was surprisingly easy for a downtown course. We have a lot of hills downtown and they only managed to make us run up 2! We stopped at each color station and played around in the color. Abi was determined to be colorful by the end...we definitely were!
I love the bottom left picture...the blue zone! Pictures courtesy of Brent and Rowen who came and watched us get messy! haha.
After getting home and showering, it was off to the Extravagan-Zoo Easter egg hunt. There were so many people. It was quite a crazy mess but Rowen had fun during his age groups hunt. There were other little activities to do as well. He had fun playing in the bubbles and he even got a pinwheel that he is still loving to play with.
Sweet thing collected a lot of eggs!
When we got home, all three of us took naps! It was a fun but exhausting day.
{Sunday}
Sunday was a really nice day. It was kind of overcast but felt nice outside. Church service was lovely and the message on Easter Sunday is always wonderful and refreshing to hear. Each Easter at our church they place 2 crosses out for everyone to put flowers on before and after the services. I love this part. The crosses end up looking beautiful with all the fresh flowers on them.
After service, we headed to Le Peep for brunch. It was delicious as always. We got a few pictures on the way out.
After Rowen woke up from his nap, he had some treats waiting for him from the Easter Bunny! We loved watching him go through everything and giggle at lots of the gifts.
Love his expressions.
After he opened his basket at our house, we headed over to my parents house b/c he had a basket waiting over there. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Rowen with my parents. Totally forgot.
He got a new puzzle, a sticker book with extra stickers, a kite, bubbles, sippy cups, a little chick that hops around, and some other goodies. Brent and I got baskets too! The best gift...a membership to the Zoo! Yay. That will be a big hit this Summer/Fall. We had a wonderful time celebrating together. It was a very nice day!










Yay for the color run. I had the same blob on my hair except it was purple. Glad you finally got to run it! Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteLe Peep looks delicious! I just checked out the site. You sure had a busy weekend!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! We did the color run in January...in the rain! It was a mess but so much fun! Can wait to do it again!
ReplyDeletewww.MommaCandy.com
So sad I had to miss the color run this year! Patiently waiting for the October 1 to open up!
ReplyDeleteThe Color Run looked so fun! I wanted to sign up for the one near me but it sold out so quickly! Maybe next year. I did just sign up for a Mud Run next month so we'll see how that goes. We'll be just as messy at the end, but I don't think Mud will look as pretty as all the colors! :)
ReplyDelete