Like I mentioned in the last post, we got a Zoo membership from my parents for Easter and Rowen & I enjoyed our first trip today w/our membership. It use to cost us $15 to get in and I would always want to get there right when it opened and spend a few hours there...ya know, to get our moneys worth. But now that we have the membership it won't matter how long we stay or how little we stay. We headed there after lunch which was around 2pm. I love going during the week b/c it is not crowded at all. We had fun like always and the weather was great!
{critter encounter}
{flamingos}
{elephants}
After we got home, i read some books to Row then he played while I got dinner going. Brent got home while I was mixing and mashing and got to hang out with Rowen while I finished cooking. He has been getting home pretty late due to all the hectic stuff at work right now. All the craziness is about to end and I'm so glad he will be getting home earlier esp to spend time with Rowen before he goes to bed.
{Last nights recipe}
I made a meatloaf and it was oh so good! I love meatloaf...anyone else?! The recipe is so easy and so good. You have to try it!
Heat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly.
Bake 50-55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness. I always add extra ketchup on top when there is about 15 minutes left of baking time. We paired our meatloaf with ranch potatoes, and chessy broccoli. It was a delicious meal!
We had this recipe last week and I forgot to post about it. It was too delicious not to share!
Chicken Parmesan from one of Progresso's recipe starters.
These recipe starters are awesome! I think there are 4 different ones. This is the second one we have tried...and loved! And the recipe is on the can. Convenient or what?!
{Top left pic} It called for breadcrumbs...we didn't have any so I made my own. We served the chicken over pasta. It wasn't as good as chicken parm at an Italian restaurant but it was pretty close!
Sidenote: I thought these pics of Rowen were too cute not to share!
He got these tiger glasses at the Zoo Easter egg hunt last Saturday and loves them.
It was beautiful here Monday. Sunny and warm! I hope that weather returns soon and stays!
So I haven't posted as much as usual the past week because my new laptop that I got for Christmas got some sort of small virus so we had to send it off this past weekend. It should return this weekend. And I can.not.wait. to get it back. I have been blogging on our ancient laptop. And by ancient, I mean ancient! It's 10 years old. That's really old in computer years. It has a mind of it's own. If you hold it the wrong way, it turns off. Sometimes it's quick, usually it's not! I think it has Windows 98...so yea. It usually takes me 2 hours to get my pics uploaded and complete a blog post. "Ain't nobody got time fo that"! But I have made time and hopefully I will have my new laptop back on my lap this weekend! Love y'all! Thanks so much for reading. It means a lot. Happy Thursday!
*Don't forget to follow me on my other social media sites! Just click on the circles under the "Follow Me" section on the sidebar to the right!*










I made meatloaf on Tuesday night, your recipe is very similar to mine except I use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteNewest bloglovin' follower from the Collective blog hop :)
MammaNene
SergerPepper.blogspot.it
the meatloaf meal looks amazing! YUM YUM!
ReplyDeleteYummy! I love meatloaf and we are going to join the zoo again too. It's so nice to pop in and out!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could go see flamingos....Lol! I am following via bloglovin' and gfc:)
ReplyDeleteTownhouse Palette
Your little one is just adorable and what a fun trip to the zoo! Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it at the table with Full Plate Thursday.
ReplyDeleteHope to see you again soon!
Miz Helen