
I'm linking up with Leeann, Sami, and Dana again today for my Weekend Update!
Friday:
Friday late afternoon my mom and I headed off to Smithville, TN for our church ladies retreat. This was my first time to Smithville for the retreat but they have had it there for a few years now. We stayed at Lakeside Resort which is right on Center Hill lake and it is such a beautiful, relaxing place.
Focus for the weekend: "The retreat will be based on a devotional thought by Ann Voskamp. “The best lives don’t have ‘bucket lists,’ as much as they have ‘empty bucket lists’…It’s those who have given thanks till they know their cup is full who can then pour their lives out like a gift,” writes Voskamp. We will focus on how we can truly empty ourselves so as to see God’s blessings and, in turn, let Him use us." It was a wonderful weekend and I am glad I went.
( we also focused on gratitudes over the weekend and each one of us had a bucket for others to "fill up" with scriptures, kind words, special notes, etc... )
Saturday:
Saturday afternoon around 3pm my mom and I came home. The retreat went through Sunday morning but I wanted to head home to see Brent and Rowen and we wanted to attend church together Sunday morning. Saturday evening I was ecstatic when I saw Rowen's 12 month photos had been released by our photographer! I was so excited to look through them and they are so good! Here are just a few...
Saturday night after Rowen went to bed, Brent and I enjoyed a yummy pumpkin pie that he made. The pumpkin pie filling was the best I have ever had. It's from Whole Foods and has lots of yummy spices mixed in with the pumpkin.
I crashed early! The retreat wore me out! haha.
Sunday:
We headed to church and then went to lunch at Newks. Brent and I get take out from there every so often but my mom had never been before. I always get a salad and Brent gets a sandwich. It's always yummy.
{Sunday Outfit}
When we got home from lunch, I took a nap! Seriously...I was super tired this weekend! Brent and Row ran some errands while I napped. They went and got a car wash and then headed to Home Depot...yep, that sounds like a good daddy/son date place! We gave Rowen a bath and he had dinner around 7pm.
{I love a baby in pajamas! Especially this baby :) }
While I put Rowen to bed, Brent ran out and grabbed pizza. Our favorite place is Jets. Their 8 corner deep dish pizza is de-lish! But sometimes we get Papa John's thin crust. I use to hate thin crust but I really like Papa John's now a days. It's not crisp like a cracker and I think that's why I like it.
...and he got breadsticks too. It was one yummmmmmy night! While eating we watched the Ravens/Steelers game. I was rooting for the Ravens and they won! Our Titans had a bye this week. Dear Steelers, please never ever wear those bee uniforms again! -Sincerely me. What was with those?! We ended the night watching The Good Wife that we dvr'd. I love that show! I started watching it last season and it's really good.
{The Good Wife}
Brent headed to bed after that but I wasn't really tired yet(hello 2 hour nap). So I watched The Help on one of our movie channels. I love that movie and even though I have seen it too many times to count, I get teary eyed during some parts every time. I finally went to bed a little after 1am! Yikes. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
*I'm also linking up with Meg today!*
http://www.megnificentlife.blogspot.com/











Sounds like a great weekend to me!!! I wish our church would do a ladies retreat! I'm sure that was some wonderful time invested in one another!!!!
ReplyDeletelove the family photos!! xo annalizbeth
ReplyDeleteYour family photos are the best! I love them and your little boy is adorable!
ReplyDeleteOkay, those pictures from Saturday are adorable! And that pumpkin pie looks so good!
ReplyDeleteI love your Sunday outfit! It looks like you had a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteStopping over from Sami's blog... Rowen is PRECIOUS! Seriously... so cute!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fantastic weekend! Your family is absolutely adorable! Have a great week Hun <3
ReplyDeletexo,
yesi
http://formiamiandlove.blogspot.com
Look at that sweet boy! How adorable! I also love that jacket. It's such a flattering cut.
ReplyDeleteThe jacket is from F21 and comes in a couple other colors. It's one of my favorite pieces right now!
DeleteYour family is so adorable, and what a cute little boy you have! Sounds like a weekend filled with good food too, never can go wrong with that!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet words!
Deletewhat a wonderful weekend!! i love your blog - and Rowen is adorable!! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. check out my latest giveaway - last day to enter!
http://thesadlows.blogspot.com/2012/11/desiring-joy-scarf-giveaway.html
Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about the giveaway! Those scarves are so pretty!
DeleteWhat a great weekend! The retreat sounds wonderful! Can I just tell you how adorable your family is?? Rowen is the most adorable little boy ever!! So excited to follow along and read more!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet words!
DeleteHey there! Stopping by from Mingle Monday. Love your family photos! And that pumpkin pie? Looks delicious! Have a great week!
ReplyDelete