Brent and I had an early start to Thanksgiving morning! One of my most favorite traditions that I actually started when I was a junior in high school( 13 years ago )! And now it is a tradition for our family. The Boulevard Bolt. It's a 5 mile run down Belle Meade Blvd. There were over 8500 runners this year! That's about how many there are every year. I get so excited about this race. Everyone there is so happy and cheerful and the mood is just warm and friendly the whole time while you are running. We woke up around 6:45am and headed to the race around 7:20am. The race started @ 8am. Bright and Early! Around mile 2 Brent needed to walk and he gave me the "go ahead" to just keep running. I felt bad to leave him but am glad that he was ok with me going ahead. I like to run the whole thing! haha. I finished in 47 minutes and it felt so good!
I enjoyed my new Nike gear and think I might get another one of these shirts for my nest race on December 1st.
Around 12:15pm we headed out to Lebanon to hang out with Brent's family and enjoy a delicious lunch. I kind of forgot to take pictures of the whole family but I did get some pictures of these little turkeys...
A 2 year old, a 7 month old, and a 13 month old make for some super funny pictures! It's quite impossible to get all 3 of them looking at the camera @ the same time! But I think my sister in law, Kelli, captured one! Aren't they the cutest?!
Rowen enjoyed riding around on this little tractor before lunch. His feet couldn't quite reach the pedals so Libby was sweet enough to push him around the yard and he had a big time! He loved watching the wheels go round and round.
We had a delicious meal. The table was filled with everything imaginable. My favorite this year: the mac and cheese!! I love a good homemade mac and cheese. And my favorite dessert: pecan pie!
That's my mom's pecan pie( I LOVE all that gooey-ness! )and those are my sweet potatoes. We took the sweet potato casserole to lunch. It's super yummy! I plan on writing a recipe blog in the next day or two and including some of our Thanksgiving recipes!
After lunch, some of us went out to the back yard( a huge field )and shot guns. It was fun! I hadn't shot a gun in a really really long time but I did fine. I hit my last skeet!
And here's a quick little video of my shot! Brent recorded this without me knowing and it's quite funny! I got really excited.
Around 4pm, we headed back to Nashville to eat dinner with my family. We usually head over to my cousins house for my dads side of the family's Thanksgiving but this year was the year where all my cousins headed to their in-laws so we had a few of the relatives that stayed in town over. I didn't get any dinner pictures! Oops! I made Thanksgiving tins with cookies and snickerdoodle bars for everyone this year. I think I might make this a tradition too! Well, I will have to think about that. It took quite a while to decoupage 9 tins! But they turned out cute.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...recipe to come. It's supper easy!!
We hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!!
Around 4pm, we headed back to Nashville to eat dinner with my family. We usually head over to my cousins house for my dads side of the family's Thanksgiving but this year was the year where all my cousins headed to their in-laws so we had a few of the relatives that stayed in town over. I didn't get any dinner pictures! Oops! I made Thanksgiving tins with cookies and snickerdoodle bars for everyone this year. I think I might make this a tradition too! Well, I will have to think about that. It took quite a while to decoupage 9 tins! But they turned out cute.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...recipe to come. It's supper easy!!
We hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!!









Well, what a wonderful Thanksgiving and hats off to you for starting the day by running a race. My goodness, I'm sure impressed.
ReplyDeleteWhat cuties! Looks like a great time was had by all.
Bet everyone loves to see you coming delivering "happies" when you arrive. The cookies look delish. I'll look forward to the recipe post!
Holiday blessings!
Thank you for your sweet words CiCi!
Deleteyou were busy!! looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeletep.s. word verification is on!
We were really busy but it was busy fun! Looks like you had a great time too! I have never had real Cajun food from LA. It's a must at some point in my life!!
DeleteWay to be fast in the race!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I always get a huge energy rush when any race starts!
DeleteThanks for following!! I will go and check out your blog here shortly!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I would push Little Man on that tractor all day if he wanted me too... He's just that precious!
ReplyDeleteIt was so great spending Thanksgiving with you guys! It keeps getting better and better. :)