Brent and I really enjoy Ree Drummond's( Aka Pioneer Woman )recipes. I have her latest cookbook and it is filled with delicious foods! We had one of our favorites last night...BBQ chicken and pineapple quesadillas. This is actually one of my most favorite meals to make. I whipped everything up while Brent put the little Easley to bed. It's really easy and I don't even flip open the cookbook any more!
We cheat a little and use frozen chicken that has already been seasoned and cooked and cut into strips! I put that in a pan with bbq sauce and let it soak all together on medium heat for about 5 minutes and then I add the pineapple. Fresh tastes so much better than canned and we had fresh pineapple so in it went! Let that sit together for another 3-5 minutes and that's it. Then just put the tortillas in a pan( I use the same one ), load them up with cheese and the chicken mixture, and volia!...You're done.
I also made mexican rice. I based mine off of her recipe but pretty much did my own thing.
That's my grandma's salsa on the left. It's sooo good! And that's my fire roasted tomato rice on the left. It was such a yummy meal!! Go here for the quesadilla recipe.
I'm linking up with Lauren @Life Love Lauren to share my Tuesday Topic & With Helene for Tell Me About It Tuesday!
Today's Topic: Describe your perfect day
My perfect day would be spent with these two...
and doing something that the 3 of us haven't done yet! The perfect day that I am thinking of would be...playing in the snow! I love snow but unfortunately living here in Nashville never guarantees a snowy winter. BUT we are heading to West Virginia this year for Christmas to see my grandparents! There is hope this year for a white Christmas! Yay! I love being up there during Christmas. And maybe this year, Rowen will get to experience snow for the first time. My papa would definitely want to pull him around on the sled which would be connected to his gator( Brent or I would of course be holding Rowen ). So fun! We would get to build snowmen and roll around in the snow and make snow angels. Oh, just imagine a baby snow angel!! Awww! haha. That would be a perfect day for me!
Christmas 2010 in WV
Here's to hoping for a White Christmas in WV so my "perfect day" will come true!









Wow..both of these sound amazing! I've got to try them!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
I have made quesadillas like that and they were yummy! Sounds like great ideas for a perfect day!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness... I love P-Dub too!!! and that mexican rice is ssoooo yummy but it makes a TON! did you cut it down to fit your family or just make the whole batch? I didn't know what to do with it all! lol
ReplyDeleteawwww YUMMY ... and PERFECT perfect day! :D
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel! I also LOOOOVE the Pioneer Woman. Between her blog and cookbooks, I am never without a recipe. I found your blog via Helene's link up and I'm your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteCome visit me over at
http://bits-of-brooke.blogspot.com/
If you like PDub's stuff, you must try her braised short ribs if you haven't already.
ReplyDeleteAMAZING. And perfect for winter.
that snowman is fantastic!!! thanks so much for linking up!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking in to Food on Friday: Tomatoes. If you pop back in a few days there should be a great collection of all things tomatoey.
ReplyDeleteI am now signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers