Thursday, November 8, 2012

Creating Memories

Rowen is a super active little one year old! He likes to go and do, play play play, and explore...everything. With the weather getting chilly, we can't really go and hang outside at places like we would in the summer. It's super easy to just stay inside on dreary days but Row nor I just like to chill at home all.day.long. I try to think of things we can go and do at least a few days out of the week. Like I have mentioned probably too many times now, he loves going to Parmer Park. 


The past 2 times that we have been(including yesterday)we were the only ones there! We have gone an hour or 2 before school gets out so none of the little kiddos that fill up the park in the afternoon were there yet. He started clapping as soon as I put him in the swings and gave me a sad pouty look as we were leaving. I love taking him there because I can tell that he loves that park so much. There is also a really nice walking trail that goes around the whole park. I love that it's a smaller park and I like the people that come. 

( In the couple pictures where he is staring off in the distance, he is staring at a squirrel. He is very intrigued with those little critters! )

After the park, I decided that I would take him to the pet store. He loved it! There were so many squeals in that PetSmart yesterday! I loved watching him look at all the animals. His favorite...the guinea pigs! They were eye level with him and were very active which kept his attention for a good while. They would even run up to the glass and boy..that really got Rowen squealing!


We looked at the birds and fish too. When we got home he played with one of his favorite toys right now. The dump truck and blocks that Angie and Sarah got him for his birthday. The truck plays music when you roll it which he loves and the blocks are clear and have different little objects inside of them. 


I know he won't remember these times right now but he will get to see pictures of things we did together. We he does get old enough to remember, I always want him to remember all the fun he had with his mommy and daddy and what fun things we took him to go and do! My parents took me to do all sorts of things throughout my childhood and I have great memories of all of it and I want the same for Rowen! 




4 comments:

  1. oh that's so cute! I love taking my nephew to the pet store. kids & animals are just so super cute <3

    xoxo, Amy

    I'm hosting my 1000th post party, love for you to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inviting me to the party! Crossing my fingers on winningone of those cookbooks!

      Delete
  2. He is just so cute and what a clever idea of the pet store. I'll have to remember and do that with my Grans sometime. Sounds like you are a wonderful Mommy making some precious memories for Rowan. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! You will definitely have to take your Grans to the pet store. It was a fun little outing!

      Delete