Wednesday, March 26, 2014

weight loss weigh in-week 10

Last week I decided that if the weather is nice, I am going to run to the gym to lift instead of driving. If I take the longer way, there are sidewalks all the way there. And it's only a tad over a mile one way. The route is an enjoyable run with the exception of 2 hills! Our new neighborhood is pretty hilly. You can't go for a run without hitting a couple. They're just making me stronger I guess.  So last Wednesday, I ran to the gym, ran a little bit more when I got there, lifted weights, and then ran back home. It was quite a workout! 


I also got in another run last week and did a few exercises using my Skimble app. I did a whole bunch of ab exercises too. I can tell that my core is getting stronger. My muscles are getting back to where they use to be before baby. Can't wait for the definition to return! On a side note, it truly amazes me how your body can go back to looking like it did before a baby! 

I started a small little training program yesterday that I am going to try and follow as much as I can( it just provides me with some goals to hit ). It's for the half marathon here in Nashville that's at the end of April! Yep, I'm running the half again. I ran it while I was pregnant with Rowen but haven't had a chance to run it again till now. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll walk here and there. I'm definitely not planning on running the whole thing. I haven't been able to workout long enough to build up that much endurance since having Isla. My goal is to finish and try to hit right around 3 hours. I like to enjoy myself and have fun rather than keep up with my time. And we stopped and chatted with people we knew last time along the way so that's another reason that I really could care less about time and rather just plan on finishing :) 

I lost a pound last week. So 1 has been the magic number lately. Now that I'm back down to a good weight, a 1/2  pound to a pound loss is probably what will be showing up on the scale for the last couple weeks of my weigh ins. I have about 5 lbs to go( all around the hip/upper leg area )! Can't wait to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans! 


week 1 of weigh ins: 145
week 10 weigh in: 130
Total weight loss: 15 lbs of baby weight gone




1 comment: