Monday, March 10, 2014

Isla at 3 months!

Isla turned 3 months old on March 5th and is growing so fast. She is long and lean just like her brother was. Chunky babies don't run in our family! She has a few little rolls on her legs but that's about it as far as squishy-ness goes. 


She is so alert but she really has been every since birth. She definitely recognizes Brent's voice and my voice. When we talk to her she just smiles and smiles. She will even smile at others if they are talking to her. She has started cooing a lot. If you talk to her, she will "talk" back to you all while excitedly wiggling her arms and legs. 


Isla loves to play on her play gym and sit in her bouncy seat. She really likes to swat at the toys that dangle from both. She is getting better at controlling her arms. The "startle flailing" is pretty much gone. She doesn't love to grip onto objects but she is capable of doing it. The O'ball that we have is perfect for practicing gripping. Rowen had the blue one and loved it and Isla has the pink one. We practice with it every now and then. She really likes toys that jingle or crunch. Babies love things that make noise! 

{playing on her play gym}

Oh tummy time. I really don't like you and neither does Isla. She didn't mind it for the first couple weeks but hates it now. She cries. She does a good job lifting her head up but gets so frustrated when she can't reach the toy that I usually put out in front of her. I can't wait to get past this point. It's so much better when they can get up on their arms and see more. She immediately stops crying when I get her off of her tummy! 

I wonder how much she weighs. I can tell that she is gaining weight because she is starting to get heavy. Which is good! We don't go back for a check up till 4 months. I would guess she is close to 13 pounds. I know she has gotten longer because she is in 6 month clothes! She can wear 3-6 but she mainly wears 6 month stuff right now. Her legs are long enough to fill up the legs in her 6 month sleepers...just like her brother was when he was her age. We are going to have 2 tall kids! 

Remember this picture I shared after one of my ultrasounds?...
One of her long legs! 

She discovered her hands 2 weeks ago and loves munching on them! Sometimes she sucks on her thumb to soothe herself. She still loves her paci and takes it everytime she is starting to fall asleep...it's definitely a comfort thing. 

{chewing on her hands}

I love watching her take everything in. I know she is just soaking everything up right now.  She loves when I read her books. She focuses hard on the pictures. She is making lots of sounds. We can definitely hear her "o's, ah's, ma's, and la's". 



She is sleeping through the night and has been for a few weeks now. She gets a good 9-10 hours of sleep each night. It's so nice! We have been blessed again with another good sleeper! We got her on a great sleep/eat/play routine very early and she is still on that routine which works great! It's a bit easier to predict what times we can go and do stuff now. She eats around the same time every day( give or take 15-20 min ). 


We love our little princess so very much! She brightens up each day with her smile and her sparkly eyes. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment