Friday, March 14, 2014

2 ingredient organic moisturizer {RECIPE}

I ran out of my usual moisturizer a few weeks ago and I have been using body lotion...eek! Not good! Why I hadn't made it to the mall to grab some more is beyond me. So I decided to read up a little on coconut oil moisturizers and after reading, I decided to make my own facial moisturizer using coconut oil and jojoba oil. I have dabbled with both of them from time to time( mainly making my own scrubs )but have never put either oil on my face.  I'm really enjoying it and my skin feels so nice after applying it. It's kind of glowy too! Before I share the easy recipe, here are some benefits of each oil. 

Coconut oil: 
It's antimicrobial and antibacterial
It contains a ton of healthy fats
And it also contains vitamin E

Jojoba oil( it's actually a wax ):
It's similar to natural oils produced in our bodies on a regular basis
It's a natural antiseptic
And it's comedogenic(won't clog pores )


What you need:
coconut oil
 jojoba oil( you could use argan or grapeseed oil too! )
a container to keep your moisturizer in
*I bought my oils at Whole Body


Take 1/2 cup of the coconut oil and heat in a microwave safe bowl for a few seconds. Just long enough to get it to a semi liquid state. Mix in 2 oz of jojoba oil. Stir together well. 


After the oils are mixed together, put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. This will bring it back to a solid. Store in a cool place. I actually keep mine in the fridge because it turned back to a liquid on my sink counter. You can use it that way but I prefer it to be more like a solid. It works the same either way! This is an organic, all natural product and I love it! It's so good for your skin too. You can even use it as a body moisturizer if you make a larger batch( just double the recipe ). 


I think you will like it if you give it a try! 





1 comment:

  1. Sounds really neat - I'll have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete