Friday, May 3, 2013

Our picnic date at the park

Wednesday Rowen and I headed to the park down the street to have a picnic lunch. The weather has been so so nice around here this week and I was just itching to get outside so I decided to pack us up a lunch and head the the park. I knew Rowen would like it because he enjoys being outside whatever the occasion! Something really wonderful about Nashville is that we have quite a few really nice parks. There are actually a handful within 5-10 minutes from us. We headed down the street to my favorite, Percy Warner. There were people there running. walking their dogs, and biking but no other picnic'ers so we got to head up to the best shady spot in the whole park. 

He checked out the spot when we got there and he loved that he could see the huge American flag waving in the breeze. I packed a turkey sandwich, cheddar bunnies, and oranges for him and a pasta salad for me! It was about 75 degrees and breezy. Perfect weather! 

{Pointing to the flag and checking out the bicyclers that whizzed by}
I love thinking of new things to do each week with him and this will be something that I'm sure we will do  a few more times before it gets terribly hot. 

We picked flowers and played cars after lunch. It was a wonderful afternoon. Do y'all ever go on picnics? I feel like this would be a great family activity on a Saturday. 


3 comments:

  1. So much fun!!! We love picnics. Is there a train at Centenial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like a wonderful day!!
    trish @ tales from ...

    ReplyDelete