This past weekend was packed full of things that I haven't done in a while. Friday night was girls night with the family ladies. Kelli, April, Becky, & myself all met at Cantina Loredo in the Gulch to enjoy some time together while chowing down on a table full of Mexican yummies! We started off with of course chips and salsa and we also got the guacamole. Sorry Cantina but I make better guac than you do! I was a bit disappointed and it wasn't as good as it has been in the past. Kelli and I got tacos and Becky and April split some sort of chicken dish that looked really yummy. We had a nice time hanging out and catching up.
After dinner we headed across the street to browse through the racks at Urban Outfitters. I always love their sweaters. I have 2 or 3 in my closest that I LOVE and wear every winter :) There are definitely some cute ones there that I have my eye on...
Speaking of Urban Outfitters. I wore a little Urban style to dinner that night. I'm loving colored skinnies & I see them as being a staple in my closet this year for Fall & Winter.
Brent and I went to bed shortly after I got home from dinner because we had an early rising Saturday morning. We woke up around 6am and left our place at 6:45am headed for Lebanon. Last Saturday was the annual Sherry's Run 5k race. Brent and I ran it 2 years ago but missed it last year....I was 8 months pregnant :) So this year I wanted to run it again. It's a pretty easy 5k compared to a Nashville 5k!! Any race around here is usually filled with hills. If you don't normally incorporate hills into your workout, you will never make it through a Nashville race!...running the whole things at least!
Brent decided to just watch this year so he stayed with Rowen. Becky was running as well as her neice/Brent's cousin, Sarah. We hadn't seen the Baxley crew in a while so it was nice to see them and Rowen had a great time visiting with them! The night before the race I put some new songs on my shuffle and I am glad that I did. They definitely kept me pumped up throughout the 3 miles. I replayed Stronger by Kelly Clarkson a few times :) That's a great running song for sure. The last quarter mile or so of the race is a steady incline to the finish line and I hated that part!! I cranked that song way up and pushed through. I finished in under 30 minutes and felt awful afterwards. haha! I hadn't raced since last February and I could feel it. Later that day I felt great though. I can't wait for the next race! When we got back home I took like a 2 hour nap! I was super tired. The whole afternoon we just hung around the house. Row snacked on cheese while we all waited for the UT game to come on and then found out it was only on Pay-per-view so we watched some of the other games and they were good. I love just laying around on a Saturday afternoon and watching football!
He loves shredded cheese and is very good at feeding himself!
Well I'm off to order a few things for Row's B-day party. I can't believe he is almost one!! How do momma's make it through that day? The first birthday party day?! I already know for a fact that I will shed some tears...
Speaking of Urban Outfitters. I wore a little Urban style to dinner that night. I'm loving colored skinnies & I see them as being a staple in my closet this year for Fall & Winter.
Brent and I went to bed shortly after I got home from dinner because we had an early rising Saturday morning. We woke up around 6am and left our place at 6:45am headed for Lebanon. Last Saturday was the annual Sherry's Run 5k race. Brent and I ran it 2 years ago but missed it last year....I was 8 months pregnant :) So this year I wanted to run it again. It's a pretty easy 5k compared to a Nashville 5k!! Any race around here is usually filled with hills. If you don't normally incorporate hills into your workout, you will never make it through a Nashville race!...running the whole things at least!
Brent decided to just watch this year so he stayed with Rowen. Becky was running as well as her neice/Brent's cousin, Sarah. We hadn't seen the Baxley crew in a while so it was nice to see them and Rowen had a great time visiting with them! The night before the race I put some new songs on my shuffle and I am glad that I did. They definitely kept me pumped up throughout the 3 miles. I replayed Stronger by Kelly Clarkson a few times :) That's a great running song for sure. The last quarter mile or so of the race is a steady incline to the finish line and I hated that part!! I cranked that song way up and pushed through. I finished in under 30 minutes and felt awful afterwards. haha! I hadn't raced since last February and I could feel it. Later that day I felt great though. I can't wait for the next race! When we got back home I took like a 2 hour nap! I was super tired. The whole afternoon we just hung around the house. Row snacked on cheese while we all waited for the UT game to come on and then found out it was only on Pay-per-view so we watched some of the other games and they were good. I love just laying around on a Saturday afternoon and watching football!
He loves shredded cheese and is very good at feeding himself!
Well I'm off to order a few things for Row's B-day party. I can't believe he is almost one!! How do momma's make it through that day? The first birthday party day?! I already know for a fact that I will shed some tears...






No comments:
Post a Comment