Wednesday, September 5, 2012

.:A weekend in the Mountaineer State:..cont..

Saturday morning Rowen woke up around 8:15am. Brent and I woke up when he woke up and when I looked at the clock I thought "wow, he slept a lot longer here than at home"! And then I remembered that they were an hour ahead of us and it was 7:15am back at home and that's around when he usually wakes up. My grandparents wake up around 5:30am :0 That will never be me! It just won't...I don't care what anyone says! After breakfast, homemade sausage and biscuits and coffee :), Brent and my grandpa headed out to go fishing and my Granny, Row, and I headed to Kohl's to do a little shopping. They have great kids clothes...not so much adult clothes but I can always find Row play clothes and pj's there. And I definitely found him some great things...long sleeve t-shirts, pants, sweatshirts, pj's, and even some socks.

They always have the cutest little shirts.

Rowen fell asleep on the way home and he got in a good little nap. The Kohl's was pretty much in Parkersburg which took about 30 minutes to get to. When we got home we all had lunch and hung around the house. We watched Rowen play and crawl around everywhere. And every so often he would crawl over to the glass doors to watch the hummingbirds. And speaking of birds, he is on the verge of his first word! Brent and I just know it is coming at any minute now. We think it is going to be bird OR book. Both words he has kind of said a few times but until he really says the whole thing, we aren't going to say he has said his first word yet! But like I said, it will be any day now!! I wonder how many babies had their first word that started with the baa-buu sound?? It's one of the first sounds that Rowen started making when he started "talking" along with la and ma. He took his afternoon nap around 3pm and Brent and I both fell asleep in front of the tv. Football was on the whole weekend and I loved it. I headed to our room when Row woke up and kept sleeping! I was woken up by loud Row giggles and had to go see what was so funny. Oh my! He was so cute just squealing away while watching my grandmother do something. I got closer and she was swatting bees away from the hummingbird feeder outside with a fly swatter and he thought that fly swatter was THE funniest thing he had ever seen along with my Granny saying "get away bees"! 

He loved that fly swatter was so much that my Granny bought him one when we went to Wal-mart for a few things Sunday afternoon. haha. 

The rest of the day we lounged around. This was truly a relaxing weekend! We had delicious ribs for dinner and Rowen enjoyed sweet potatoes and cereal. While we were finishing up Rowen and the stray cat were having a little high five match on either side of the door. The cat was outside, Rowen was inside, and they were face to face. Row would put his hand up and the cat would put his paw up. It seriously looked like they were giving each other high fives. Rowen loved that game :) Before heading to bed we watched the Alabama game while enjoying large bowls of ice cream again.

Sunday morning we headed to church and then out for lunch. Granny and Papa took us to their favorite Chinese restaurant in town. Someone enjoyed being there...


Row enjoyed playing with his spoon before eating and making silly faces at all of us. He was also very bashful when people would come up and talk to him. He played the bashful card that morning at church too but it didn't last too long. He was smiling and giggling at the members after just a short few minutes. 

When we got back to the house I wanted to get a few pictures of Granny and Papa with Rowen since they didn't have a recent picture with him. I got them to take a few pictures of us too. 



Rowen really enjoyed having Granny and Papa time this past weekend and of course Brent and I enjoyed seeing them as well. Hopefully they will be able to make it to Rowen's birthday party in a little over a month. We headed out Monday morning  and got back home Monday evening safe and sound.




No comments:

Post a Comment