I made Rowen a new meal for lunch today. I was pretty excited about making it...it was probably just the star pasta I was excited about cooking. I have a couple really good baby food cookbooks. This recipe came out of Wholesome Meals for Babies and Toddlers. We had all the ingredients except the star pasta so I picked that up after my morning iced coffee run! It was super simple and looked great while I was making it.
The recipe called for:
butternut squash
baby pasta...I chose stars
small piece of unsalted butter
olive oil
& Parmesan cheese
My granny cans which I have mentioned before and we have jars of her butternut squash and Rowen loves it. I was pretty sure he was going to like this new dish since it has the squash in it. It took no time at all to make...those are my favorite kinds of recipes!
the ingredients
I cooked the stars which took about 8 minutes. I cooked them a little longer than the package said since I needed to get them nice and soft. And while those were cooking, I mashed up the butternut squash. When the stars were done, I put the tiny piece of butter in as well as the tsp of olive oil and tsps of Parmesan cheese. Once the stars were coated, I added the squash and mixed it all up.
The finished product! It actually tasted super yummy. I always taste the food I make for Row before I give it to him :) He loved it which I thought he would. I can see this being one of his favorite meals for a while!
I also whipped up another one of his favorites...pears & blueberries. It's one of the prettiest baby foods I make. haha.
I enjoy making Rowen's food and also love knowing exactly what goes into his little body. We use lots of my granny's canned fruits and veggies and only buy organic. I love knowing that he is one healthy little baby.






No comments:
Post a Comment