Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Updates and a New Floor

          I had a great check up yesterday at the doctor's office. I am measuring right where I am suppose to be. My belly is 35 cm and I am at about 35 weeks...interesting huh?! Measuring right where you are suppose to be coincides with the week that you are at. As far as energy goes, I have none! I wake up tired, I am tired in the middle of the day, I'm tired right now! Whenever I have the opportunity to sleep in or take a nap, I do so! I know sleep will not be like it use to be in a few short weeks! So Dr. Kyzer said that Rowen is not breech anymore but still has a lot of room to move around...are you serious? Where is this room you speak of?! She said that around 37 weeks he will start running out of room and won't be moving as much as he is now. If she has any doubts about how he is laying then we will have an ultrasound but for now he is in the right position. Yay! 

We met with the pediatrician that we chose for Rowen last night. Dr. Brady is @ Old Harding Pediatrics and both Brent and I really like her from our conversation that we had with her last night. 


She loves to laugh and seems like she knows what she is doing and won't scare our child...you know how some older doctor's can be kinda creepy? No? Just me? Well, she is younger and fun and we feel like she will take good care of Rowen :) She told us up front that all the doctor's in the practice believe the same things as far as medicine goes. Their practice still believe all children should get all their immunizations. And that if parents don't agree with them then this practice isn't for them. We obviously want our child to get the appropriate immunizations. Brent already knew about all this but I had no clue that parents were choosing for their children to not get shots b/c some of them have mercury in them. That's not very smart!! We agree with everything that she talked to us about. It takes us about 3 minutes to get to the office! We are so close! They have late hours and weekend hours as well. There is also always a doctor on call for emergencies. We really feel great about our choice. 

Side note, Brent decided that he wanted to redo the kitchen floor and it looks so good! We had a really light colored wood and we chose to put down a dark wood and it makes the kitchen look so much different. 


Before:
This is actually what was UNDER our light wood floor! Ugh! It was very nasty looking. 


After:
We love it!! It looks very nice. Brent did such a good job!
Now we are trying to decide if we want to put this wood in our living and dining room...We currently have carpet throughout our place. We will definitely leave carpet in the bedrooms and in the hall. But a change in the living and dining room might be nice! We will see. 


           




No comments:

Post a Comment