Saturday, September 17, 2011

34 Weeks( 41 days to go! )

Well, I feel like my uterus is taking over my whole upper body at this point! It's compressing my ribs and making it a bit difficult to breathe. I even get winded walking up a flight of stairs...that's never ever happened before. I am slowly running out of maternity clothes to wear( everything is getting really tight )and I really don't want to buy anymore since I only have about 6 weeks left. I do need to find pajamas for the hospital and some jeans that fit. With my 10 year high school reunion coming up, I need to at least look as cute as I can at this point! haha! 

 BabyFruit Ticker

Rowen is the size of a honeydew...it sure does look like I swallowed a honeydew...feels like it too! Talk about being out of breath, I jogged a little the other day just to see what it would feel like. It's NOT enjoyable! Imagine holding a small watermelon and jogging with it..yea! He is about 5 pounds this week( so the book that I am reading says ). I wonder if he weighs more??! Total length is 19 3/4 inches. A few weeks before labor, the baby usually will drop lower in your abdomen. A benefit to the baby dropping would be that it will be easier to breathe since there will be more room in the upper abdomen but there will be more pressure on the pelvis and bladder which will cause even more discomfort. 

34 Weeks, September 16, 2011


Brent and I have our last baby shower tomorrow. It's our church shower. It will be fun...love the ladies at Woodmont Hills! I have a doctor's appointment Monday morning w/Dr. Kyzer and then that evening, we have an appointment with Rowen's future pediatrician, Dr. Brady at Old Harding Pediatrics. That is something very important that I am glad we are getting taken care of this coming week. Our class at Baptist is coming up too! We will be going on Friday...it's only 2 hours which doesn't seem like enough time to discuss a lot. We will also be getting a tour of the parts of the hospital that will be our home for a few days and then I believe we might be given the opportunity to go ahead and pre-register as well when we are there. 

Wow how my body has changed since week 20...

I have tripled in size!!

                 

2 comments:

  1. How's Brent handling everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's handling everything well! I think we are both ready and nervous about the upcoming due date!
    -rachel-

    ReplyDelete