Friday, August 5, 2011

Week 28 - 12 more weeks to go!!


 First an update on my gestational diabetes test: Test results came back normal. Yay! Not that I was worried that I had g. diabetes but I have figured out through my 27 weeks of pregnancy that your body does things it wouldn't normally do so I had no clue what the results would be! But no worries and just as healthy as I can be...said the doctor. I am surprised that she hasn't commented on my weight b/c I think that I have gained a little too much at this point! I'm laying off of the ice cream and sweet treats for now! 

28th week! Baby is 2 and 1/2 pounds...I really want to know what Rowen weighs. I feel like he is a bit bigger than that. He is going to gain quite a bit of weight from now till his due date...I hope! He is approximately 15 and 3/4 inches long. He is pretty long already! Baby Rowen moves around quite a bit around breakfast time and in the evenings. Sometimes I get Brent to fill baby moving around at night and it still freaks him out a little! I have gotten use to it and sometimes don't even notice him moving around until he has been doing it for a while. 


28 Weeks





There are a few tests/shots to get at this point in pregnancy, besides the lab work that I had last Monday, if I had been RH negative, I would have had to get a shot for several reasons. I am RH positive though so no more shots!! I believe but could be totally wrong that about 90-95% of women are RH positive. I asked the doctor if the baby was laying in any specific position at this point and she said that he still has quite a bit of room right now so he is moving all around at this point still. In about 3 to 4 weeks though the baby's head will be much harder and she will be able to determine how he is lying by feeling for his head. The book that I am reading actually says that I can press around on my stomach to see if I can feel the baby's head...that's ok! I will leave that to the doctor for now :)


In about 30 minutes Brent and I are meeting my parents for dinner and then we are heading to a consignment sale that's actually at a church right down the street from our place. It's just baby/children stuff. We are hoping there might be a crib that we like! My mom is going to look for some items for their house like a stroller and a highchair. I'll tell you one things we won't be looking at..clothes!! This baby already has soooo many clothing items :)


No comments:

Post a Comment