Happy Saturday!
A few days ago the kids and I headed to a local park to collect leaves. Fall is one of my most favorite seasons( it's a close second behind summer )! I love the chilly weather, pumpkins, sweaters, and the crunchy, colorful leaves. We love crafts around here and I thought it would be fun to do a couple with the leaves that we went to collect. The smallest little adventures are the most fun for my 2 minis! Rowen loved the thrill of finding the biggest leaf and finding the smallest leaf and the most colorful leaf...and on and on. He made a game out of our leaf collecting and sweet little sister played along.
{collecting leaves}
{"hiking" in the woods}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little how to for the leaf craft:
What you need:
paper
leaves
a pen/marker
glue stick
Start by drawing out a couple pictures. I drew a pumpkin and a leaf. While I was drawing, Rowen was crunching up our leaves. The leaves here are still pretty fresh and not very crunchy so we ended up tearing most of them up with our fingers.
Next, trace your pictures with the glue stick and start sprinkling the the leaves on the glue. This is where the "glitter" name comes in...you sprinkle the leaves the they're glitter. Once again, since ours weren't very crunchy, we just placed pieces on the glue and pressed them down with our fingers.
Once you have pressed your leaves over the glue, lift your paper up and gently shake off the excess. There ya go! Glitter Leaf pictures.







No comments:
Post a Comment