I never knew that dill and potatoes went together until this past Sunday. Brent and I went to the Titans game and hit up a tail gate before going into the stadium. There was a huge bowl of dill potatoes served cold like a potato salad. I tried them and they were divine. I think they had been catered from a local restaurant. I liked them so much that I decided to try my hand at making them last night for dinner.
I was inspired by this recipe HERE from Rachael Ray. I made a few changes from what she did. And these are served warm instead of cold which I decided I like better! So here is my version of dill potatoes:
You need:
2-3 lbs of red potatoes; medium sized
5 Tbsp of butter
1/4 C of fresh dill; chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
I tossed my potatoes into a pot of boiling water. Boil until fork tender (about 20-25 minutes). Drain and lay out on a paper towel. Pat dry. You can slice/dice them anyway you want to. I chose to slice them and left the skin on. I put the sliced potatoes into a large serving bowl( you could put them back into your pan if you wanted to ), gently tossed them in the butter, and then sprinkled in the dill. Make sure you coat the potatoes with the dill then sprinkle in a little salt and pepper( to your liking ).
This was such a simple dish to make and has a great flavor! I will definitely be making it again soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment