I have quite a bit of burlap. I'm not really sure how I collected enough to fill up half a storage tub but it's in my garage waiting for my crafty bones to show up. I'm not complaining because I love to make seasonal decorations from that burlap. I had a crafty itch last Thursday or Friday and decided to make a candy corn to hang on our front door. I had all the paint that I needed, had glue sticks for my glue gun, and of course had enough burlap! And there we go!
I folded a piece of burlap in half so that there was a top and bottom. I drew a candy corn shape and cut it out. Then I painted the yellow, orange, and white on the top piece of burlap.
After the paint was dry, I hot glued the bottom piece to the top piece along the edges. I left a small opening at the top and stuffed newspaper in the candy corn until it was up to the top. To finish, I hot glued the top shut, glued a piece of twine to the back, and hung it on our front door!
I already had the orange "E" so I hung that on top of the candy corn for a nice little extra touch!
It was a simple craft and I had fun making something festive!!
After the paint was dry, I hot glued the bottom piece to the top piece along the edges. I left a small opening at the top and stuffed newspaper in the candy corn until it was up to the top. To finish, I hot glued the top shut, glued a piece of twine to the back, and hung it on our front door!
I already had the orange "E" so I hung that on top of the candy corn for a nice little extra touch!
It was a simple craft and I had fun making something festive!!


No comments:
Post a Comment