This morning while watching Kelly and Michael, they had a lady on who was showing a couple different summertime DIY activities. The one and only part that I saw was her making snocone garland! It looked super easy and since Rowen has had and has loved snocones lately, I decided that I would make a snocone garland for his room this afternoon.
It was so easy and turned out perfect. I decided that I needed to share this fun project!
I started by painting 6 styrofoam balls. 2 of each color. I used one of those sponge tip paintbrushes so instead of painting the balls, I dabbed the paint on which worked much better. After painting each one, I sprinkled the clear glitter over it. This gives the look of "ice".
I let them dry for a few minutes then took a paper cup and covered the rim with hot glue. I then took a "snoball" and stuck it on the cup. It took no time for the hot glue to dry! I did that 6 times and the snocones were ready to be strung together.
I took the hot glue gun and put a small line of glue on the back of each ball then placed the cord on the glue. I placed the snocones about 6 inches apart. And voila...snocone garland!





Super cute and fun!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness look at the sweet, excited face! :) What a wonderful idea.
ReplyDelete