Thursday, July 24, 2014

Zoodles!{ a new yummy recipe}



I don't know what made me think to try this but over the weekend I thought "hey, I want to make some zucchini noodles( zoodles ) this week"! I'm sure you've heard of people using spaghetti squash to make "spaghetti". I tried that once and thought it was nasty...nasty! It was definitely overcooked( the "noodles" were mushy ) and the flavor just wasn't there. But I had a burst of confidence in wanting to try this recipe. It was shockingly easy and tasted great. I found the recipe/instructions here.

You can use several different kitchen tools to make your noodles. I just used the side of my grater with the largest holes. I cut the ends off of the zucchini and grated it. It actually came out like thin noodles. I then placed the zucchini in a microwave safe bowl with a lid and microwaved it for 2 minutes. It came out perfect. After taking it out of the microwave, I took some paper towels and pressed quite a bit of water out. You want to do this so your dish won't be watery! 

While I was grating the zucchini, I had homemade meatballs cooking in the oven. When they were almost done, I added the marinara into the pan and popped it back in the oven for 5-8 minutes. 

I pulled the dish together by plating the zoodles and spooning a few meatballs with the marinara over top. And of course, sprinkled some parm on! 


If you have zucchini lying around( or if you just wanna go buy it ), try this dish! 




1 comment:

  1. I would have never thought to do this but it looks awesome! And healthy! I definitely have to give that a try when it comes time to cook :)

    ReplyDelete